Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Are there any places to stay at or near HND where we can rest, if not sleep?

Old Sep 1, 2018, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Question for those of you with Tokyo and HND experience:

Mrs Haz and I will be in Tokyo next Spring, staying in an as-yet undecided hotel in the City. Our flight out is an OZ trip in J to Seoul leaving at 06:10. If the check-in rules are the same as here that means checking in by 04:10. Meaning leaving downtown some time around 2 to 2:30 a.m.

It seems to us to be of little use to pay for a night's hotel and only get about 3 hours-or-so sleep, after a day of sightseeing. So I thought of going to the airport and spending basically 2300 - 0400 in a lounge. It turns out the Asiana and ANA lounges are only open from 05:00 till about midnight.

So what to do? Are there any places to stay at or near the airport where we can rest, if not sleep? Any advice will be appreciated!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:44 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta
I'm sure that you could check in closer to 1 hour ahead. Haneda is an efficient airport, especially that time of day. Still means you need to get there by about 5:00 though.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
There are some business hotels near Haneda that are fairly cheap. If you went to bed early, you could get close to a decent night's sleep at one before heading out.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:28 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's this place in terminal 1, so you'd have to take a shuttle bus but nothing else:

https://first-cabin.jp/en/

Website seems a bit slow to load but it usually works
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by O Sora
O Sora likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:02 am
mjm
Original Member

I've stayed here. It is perfect for what you are describing.

https://www.the-royalpark.jp/the/tokyohaneda/en/
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjm
I've stayed here. It is perfect for what you are describing.

https://www.the-royalpark.jp/the/tokyohaneda/en/
Yes, thank you. It does look like what we need. A couple of questions: they want you to have checked in and have a boarding pass to access the Transit Hotel, can you get those from a terminal check-in machine, for a flight the following morning?
And what about luggage - do you have it with you to the hotel or does it have to be sent into the airport's luggage system, for a flight the following a.m.? (BTW we are leaving HND on OZ, I don't know how late their reps are there till.)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hazcaddy
Yes, thank you. It does look like what we need. A couple of questions: they want you to have checked in and have a boarding pass to access the Transit Hotel, can you get those from a terminal check-in machine, for a flight the following morning?
And what about luggage - do you have it with you to the hotel or does it have to be sent into the airport's luggage system, for a flight the following a.m.? (BTW we are leaving HND on OZ, I don't know how late their reps are there till.)
This post should help though it may not answer your question about luggage.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28221535-post8.html
Old Sep 4, 2018, 7:28 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by hazcaddy
You are landside at this hotel. It is connected to the terminal. They have airside rooms as well but I am suggesting staying landside. Checkin would be the next morning. Your luggage stays with you as it is landside. You check in as per normal the following morning.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.