Wiki Posts
Search

purchasing Japanese OS laptop near KIX airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
purchasing Japanese OS laptop near KIX airport

I have 4.5 hour international-to-international connection at KIX and would like to purchase a Japanese OS Windows laptop. Can someone recommend a mall or other shopping area within reasonable distance of KIX? I don't need the absolute lowest price, but I also don't want to pay tourist prices either. I'm willing to use a taxi if necessary although I usually use public transit in Japan. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
There is an Yamada Denki Electronics store in Izumisano, right off the bridge from Kansai Airport.
2-10 Rinkūōraiminami, Izumisano-shi, Ōsaka-fu 598-0047

It is the "Best Buy" like electronics chain. I find their stuff retail price and not the newest of the newest but it is probably your best option considering your very tight timeline.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus - Blue / Emirates Skywards - Blue
As per previous poster -> ?????????????

Literally off the airport link bridge - you can take a taxi or get a train that stops at Rinku Town and walk 10 mins at most.

Be aware the laptop will have a Japanese keyboard so it won't be what you're used to the keys are laid out differently.

Make sure you have your passport to hand so you can claim the tax back.

If you can read Japanese enough if you sign up here https://www.yamada-denkiweb.com you can see what stock the store has so you can pick what you want beforehand.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
OP could collect some ANA miles for the purchase. I am not 100% sure.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
My gratitude to all for the above information. This was exactly what I needed. I'll look forward to a quick and pleasant shopping experience.

Does anyone by chance know whether Yamada Denki Electronics has in-house tax refund services, or will I need to process this at KIX airport? Depending on time constraints, I might have to forgo the tax refund and just run for the gate!
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
There's no processing of tax refunds at KIX. Either the store does it or it does not.

Their website does say it has Tax Free so you are probably in luck

Tecc Land Osaka Rinkuu - Yamada Denki Co., Ltd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.