Search

JRPass Narita to Kagoshima, Kamomoto, Osaka then to Tokyo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
JRPass Narita to Kagoshima, Kamomoto, Osaka then to Tokyo

Hi all,

I want to perform this itinerary and I believe a JR week pass is what is the cheapest way.

I am based in the UK, is there a designated UK agency who sells exchange orders?

Also, do I have to reserve a seat? or can I just turn up to the station and jump on any shinkansen?

Thanks!!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by Newbtravelle
Hi all,

I want to perform this itinerary and I believe a JR week pass is what is the cheapest way.

I am based in the UK, is there a designated UK agency who sells exchange orders?

Also, do I have to reserve a seat? or can I just turn up to the station and jump on any shinkansen?

Thanks!!
Everything you need to know is here, including listings of authorized agents around the world (scroll to the bottom.)

JAPAN RAIL PASS
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
That said, NRT to Kagoshima is a VERY long rail trip. You might want to break it up into multiple days.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 3:21 pm

Tokyo to Kagoshima is ~ 7 hrs via train on non-Nozomi. The nationwide JR pass isn't valid for Nozomi so you can't jump on all shinkansen. There are enough slightly slower shinkansen & express trains to make the routing possible, though, if you're not in a hurry and you can do it same day if you leave by 4:03 pm from TYO. You can still reserve a seat via the ticket office if there is an available seat on the day of travel. The NRT to Kagoshima train fare would definitely make the JR pass worth the fee but you might want to see the price difference for an open jaw airfare ticket from UK-NRT-KOJ if the schedule lines up. Also take a look at UK-NRT, HND-KOJ and the tourist airfare deals if you've already booked the r/t UK flights https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html.

You can compare the price of 1 way airfare to Kagoshima & 1 way train between Kagoshima, Kumamoto, Osaka, Tokyo vs all rail on HyperDia ???? ???? ??? ???? ??? ???????

Last edited by freecia; Jun 18, 2018 at 7:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.