Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voyagin for Restaurant Reservations

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Voyagin for Restaurant Reservations

I am considering using Voyagin to book Jiro Roppongi for my next visit in July because even though I am a Jiro repeat guest, my Marriott concierge seemed unable to comprehend how to position my request and find availability. There is a fee involved, but it's not so terrible given the cost of the dinner, but the fine print seems to indicate the booking is not guaranteed with the most likely outcome being a refund of the fee and no booking.

Has anyone used Voyagin for more difficult reservations? Or the Amex Platinum Concierge vs your hotel concierge?
Old May 23, 2018, 2:44 am

Yeah, it was really hard to get a seat at Jiro. I got mine through Voyagin as well when I was in Japan recently. As suggested by a friend. It was easy, my booking got confirmed pretty fast. No fear of the reservation not going through whatsoever. I've made a couple of other bookings through them as well since then. Go, reserve your seat through them asap. You wouldn't wanna miss dining at Jiro.
Old May 27, 2018, 4:04 am

I got a reservation at Jiro Honten through concierge at The Peninsula, they seem to be pretty well connected since they also got me reservations at Nihonryori RyuGin and Narisawa and were also able to get me a reservation at Sushi Yoshitake but I opted for Jiro Honten instead. As for Voyagin, I used them to get a reservation at Usuki Fugu Yamadaya and it worked like a charm, quick reservation confirmation.
Old May 29, 2018, 12:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Thanks all, but as it turned out, my hotel concierge was able to get my reservation done ahead of Jiro's month-ahead opening since I'm a repeat customer, so I was able to save the Voyagin fee in the end. If you visit Jiro on even a semi-regular basis, just push your concierge to call on any business day and introduce you as a repeat guest, and they should take care of you without needing to wait until the month before.
freecia likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.