Community
Wiki Posts
Search

hows the turbulence in japan this season

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

hows the turbulence in japan this season

Hi flyer talk I'm a nervous flyer. I am planning to fly to tokyo next week. I want ask how is turbulence in tokyo this may? I'll be coming from manila, that means the planes are coming from east. morning.

I usually fly on FEB because it has smoother weather coming from manila. I've never flown on May. I think the turbulence would be worst because its hotter, maybe.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Tavus
Hi flyer talk I'm a nervous flyer. I am planning to fly to tokyo next week. I want ask how is turbulence in tokyo this may? I'll be coming from manila, that means the planes are coming from east. morning.

I usually fly on FEB because it has smoother weather coming from manila. I've never flown on May. I think the turbulence would be worst because its hotter, maybe.
There is no real way to reliably predict turbulence (or lack thereof) on a particular flight, especially not more than 24 hours before departure.
No one can give you the answer you are hoping for/looking to get.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:38 am
Original Poster

I agree, you cant predict the exact amount of turbulence on the day but I'm looking for average historical turbulence on tokyo on this month . Does the turbulence and bad weather increase around may or june?
Old May 10, 2018, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Try looking at this ...
Old May 10, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
In May/June, you can get conditions that cause turbulence - rising temperatures, weather fronts related to the rainy season etc. I don't know what to advise a nervous flyer - Does it help you if you travel in the expectation that you may experience turbulence? Or would you rather be told that it's very rare?
Old May 20, 2018, 6:17 pm

I am a very anxious flier too, especially about turbulence. I am also flying from SFO-HAN-HCMC in a few days.

I like the site linked to. It's fairly accurate, especially if you know your flight route.

When hitting turbulence, I find it really, really helps me to just have a drink and try to pretend like I'm asleep, eye mask, ear plugs, blanket, the whole nine yards. I've dealt with some hefty turbulence, crossing the equator over the Pacific, over Greenland, over the Alps, and my least favorite, which is West to East in the U.S. during winter storms and jet stream. I've tried various meds, meditation, pretending it's a bumpy road, logic, everything. A drink or two usually helps the most. So, when they come around and give them out, I just keep it "in case."

Whatever works.

I'm not afraid of falling out of the sky. It's more like fear of roller coasters, which I also have, on top of claustrophobia, which I also have. Double whammy!

That turbulence map though, if you have WiFI on the plane, it's pretty accurate, and I watch it like a hawk.

Over winter, I flew SFO-TPE-PNH and the flight was smooth in both directions, go figure; we passed right over NAR. No problems. But again, I'm anxious. So I just wanted to say you aren't alone. And this is why God created in-flight drink service.
jib71 likes this.

Last edited by wanderingstar; May 20, 2018 at 6:18 pm Reason: wrong airport code

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.