Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Soy Free/Sugar Free...Please help!

Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Soy Free/Sugar Free...Please help!

Old May 3, 2018, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is the sort of rice cooker I had in mind (from Yodobashi Camera, Tiger is a decent brand)
https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001002947431/

There are cheaper, more portable models too - this one is about 3,300yen
https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001003666750/

Make your carbs in there, steam some vegetables (quickly drop them in ten minutes before the end of the cooking cycle) and eat along with some sashimi and you can keep yourself going for a while.
Rice cookers can also be used to steam fish and chicken - just get a plate that fits inside from a 100yen store.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:27 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
susanita3333, I have witnessed how difficult it is for my SIL that can eat no gluten or dairy, even in the US.

I honestly think that you will find a frustrating challenge at 90% of your meals in Japan.

Yes, preparing your own will be safest.

Do you or anyone in your group speak any Japanese?
Old May 3, 2018, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LapLap
There is a Costco not so far from the Disneyland area. Not somewhere I’d usually advise, but in your case...

The Costco is at Keihin Makuhari station on the JR Keiyo line (not to be confused with the private rail Keio line) would say it is at least 1.5km from the station, having walked it. There is another Costco in Kawasaki. But the likely problem would be the minimum quantities that Costco sells, they tend to be large.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.