Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worth visiting Tokyo for only 1 night

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by bluemeansgo
45 long minutes later doesn't matter too much if you have a long connection, but arriving at 8pm... to leave the next morning at 10am... with kids I wouldn't do it from NRT.
AFAIK @Big4Flyer has not mentioned kids and has not mentioned the times of his connection. Are you, perhaps thinking of @kalbear from a different thread?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum
Dont pass up the chance! Even a jet lag ridden trip to a ramen shop can be life affirming! You only live once. I’d recommend it every time.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jib71
AFAIK @Big4Flyer has not mentioned kids and has not mentioned the times of his connection. Are you, perhaps thinking of @kalbear from a different thread?
All the recommendations have been very helpful. Our flight would arrive into HND at 2pm and we can either catch a 5pm out the same day, or leave the next day at 11am. I'll be traveling with my 6 year old son and we're most interested in visiting cultural/historic sights, mixed in with your typical kids attractions like zoos, aquariums, etc.

In Beijing our primary goal is to visit the Great Wall, followed by the Forbidden City and Summer Palace. After reading the comments here I'm thinking it might be best to save Japan for its own trip since we'd probably be too tired given the jetlag to do much before we fly out the next day.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
All the recommendations have been very helpful. Our flight would arrive into HND at 2pm and we can either catch a 5pm out the same day, or leave the next day at 11am. I'll be traveling with my 6 year old son and we're most interested in visiting cultural/historic sights, mixed in with your typical kids attractions like zoos, aquariums, etc.

In Beijing our primary goal is to visit the Great Wall, followed by the Forbidden City and Summer Palace. After reading the comments here I'm thinking it might be best to save Japan for its own trip since we'd probably be too tired given the jetlag to do much before we fly out the next day.
Zoos are all closed by 5pm. Shinagawa aquarium closes at 5pm. There's an aquarium in Yokohama open until 8pm (entrance until 7:30pm). Sumida Aquarium is open until 9pm (entrance until 8pm) but isn't very close to Haneda. You will just have a couple of hours to look at cultural/historic sights. You will need to plan on time for transportation. You will need to eat once or twice.

I'd skip Japan and just get to Beijing, the place you are really planning on going to.

Last edited by CrazyInteg; Feb 14, 2018 at 2:46 pm
Old Feb 15, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Ruth4325
Dont pass up the chance! Even a jet lag ridden trip to a ramen shop can be life affirming! You only live once. I’d recommend it every time.
Yep! And finding the closest onsen or sento can start a life-changing addiction.
Ruth4325 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.