Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Can I spend my night at Haneda Airport if I have to catch an early morning flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I spend my night at Haneda Airport if I have to catch an early morning flight?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I have to catch a flight from HND Airport at 6:00 AM. Being an International Flight I will have to check-in about 3 hours early, that is by 3:00 AM. Also I will take about 1.5 hours to reach to the airport from hotel.

So I was planning to save not hotel cost by not booking for that night. I was wondering if I arrive at HND Airport at about 12-12:30 and spend the rest of my time there. Is it possible?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Yes, it is possible. International Terminal at HND is open 24 hrs. There are two or three restaurants which is open 24 hrs. pre-passport control/security area. Also there is a convenience store on 1st fl. (not departure check-in floor) open 24 hrs.

As for place to sit down for free, I think only option will be seats scattered around the terminal area. Also there are some massage chairs around the terminal which can me more comfortable.

My guess was you are inquiring if you will be kicked out of the terminal during late night early morning hours. Answer is no, the terminal is open 24 hrs.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:14 am

Just FYI, airports in Japan tend to not open check-in for the first flight of the day that early. We showed up at HND at 4:30am for a 7am flight to ICN and they didn't open the checkin until 5:30. I think they're lax on the 3 hour rule when it's that early in the morning. Similar situation at Nagasaki as well. They didn't open checkin for a domestic 6am flight until after 5am. So that may affect your plan slightly.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The sleeping in airports website provides lots of useful information.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The sleeping in airports website provides lots of useful information.
Link to their page on Haneda
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
There's also First Cabin, which is like a capsule hotel, but somewhat nicer: https://first-cabin.jp/en/
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your inputs. I also wanted to know what facilities are available to passengers before the Security Check and Check In, as I understand Check In will not open early and One cannot cross security Check before Check In.

As an example, here in India, there is no facility for passengers before Check-In/Security Check. Nothing at all, just 1-2 food counters. Everything is inside.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:23 am

What AlwaysAisle said, plus some vending machines.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Another option to consider might be grabbing a cheap hotel near HND for the final night. there are a few business hotels one or two train stops out of Haneda that might suit...if you don't feel like pulling an all nighter.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by iampun33t
Thank you all for your inputs. I also wanted to know what facilities are available to passengers before the Security Check and Check In, as I understand Check In will not open early and One cannot cross security Check before Check In.
I think that the international terminal at HND has much more to offer pre-security than after security. That said, I suspect that most shops will close for the night.

BTW: There are cheap business hotels around HND. Royal Park Haneda is connected to the international terminal and is the pricier option. A quick shuttle ride away you can find a handful of affordable hotels.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:08 pm

You could try a nearby spa with airport shuttle:

http://geiwai.net/haneda-en/free-shu...-heiwajima-spa
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I think that the international terminal at HND has much more to offer pre-security than after security. That said, I suspect that most shops will close for the night.
Landside, the Air Lawson on the very first floor is the only shop open twenty-four hours.

There's a surprising amount of dining establishments open twenty-four hours according to the HND website. I knew about MOS Cafe and Yoshinoya but Saryo Itoen, Suginoko and Wa Cafeteria are also twenty-four hour establishments, along with a Tully's on the arrivals level.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: QFF
The international terminal at HND is open all night. Last time I passed through, after arriving at 5am on QF25, there were a number of people sleeping on the chairs ground side on the arrivals level near the entrances to the train station/monorail.

From the Japan airport listings on sleepinginairports.net, security officials don't really mind if people spend the night at the airport, provided they can show that they have morning flights and they may ask that everyone sleeping there move to the same area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.