Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

A good place to pass the time at Haneda?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

Will be arriving at HND via domestic JAL, 3hrs before my wife arrives from an international flight.

Please suggest a place to past the time. Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:56 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Edo-koji Street in the international terminal
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Forgot to post the times.

I’ll be arriving around 10:30PM. Is Edokoji Street still open at that time?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 11:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Most shops close around 10PM. A few restaurants and cafes are open until midnight or later.
http://www.haneda-airport.jp/inter/e...search_results
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
There's a nice observation deck just over Edokoji street. I have no idea if it's open late enough, but I would guess it is. If the weather is good it's a nice place to relax and planewatch for a while.

If that's not an option, good places to sit and wait are kind of thin in the landside area of Haneda. On the floor with most of the restaurants, there are a few scattered benches of reasonable comfort, as well as one general seating area (with less comfortable benches, but more room).

The "left" (if facing toward security) end of that floor has more fast-food style places that I would guess are open later or 24h.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6
I would if at all possible hit the observation deck with a beer in hand. If not, then I'd sit in one of the restaurants. If those two options aren't available, I'd buy an entry pass on the Monorail, go to hamamatsucho, and back.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

I was able to hangout at the observation deck, then head back to the Edokoji street to have my late dinner. Most of the shops were closed already past 10pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.