Wiki Posts
Search

HND arrival 9pm / NRT departure 11am

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

HND arrival 9pm / NRT departure 11am

Hello-

I am arriving HND International Terminal at 9pm and have an NH connection at 11am the next morning at NRT.

I made a reservation at the Narita Hilton as I would would prefer to be out there for the flight the next morning.

Regardless of the departure terminal (1, 2 or I), it seems there isn't a bus that late to Narita.

I also looked at things like the Limo Bus from TCAT to NRT.

Any other ideas. I know I could take a taxi but I'm scared to ask the price!
Are there any kind of pre arranged shuttles?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by chuck1
Hello-

I am arriving HND International Terminal at 9pm and have an NH connection at 11am the next morning at NRT.

I made a reservation at the Narita Hilton as I would would prefer to be out there for the flight the next morning.

Regardless of the departure terminal (1, 2 or I), it seems there isn't a bus that late to Narita.

How about the trains? Did a quick search and it looks possible (and I think still manageable with luggage):

On weekdays the last train from HND to NRT departs the international terminal at 2147 (the Keikyu Airport Limited Express for Narita Airport), so that might be possible, especially if you know what you're doing. It's a through service so no transfers etc and thus pretty doable even with luggage; the only problem is catching the train.

If you miss that, you can take a train to Keisei-Narita and then a taxi to the Hilton (about 3 miles / ¥3000). There's the Keikyu Airport Express direct to Keisei-Narita departing 2218 (again no transfer necessary), and that looks like the best option here.

The absolute latest train would probably be the 2240 Keikyu Airport Express for Imba Nihon-Idai, changing at Keisei-Takasago for the 2345 Limited Express to Keisei-Narita, which should still be a manageable transfer even with luggage.

Hope this helps; I'm not one for buses/shuttles and I like the trains so that's how I usually get to NRT.
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by chuck1
Hello-

@chuck1

In addition to the suggestions from @truncated .....

I would suggest that you stay at the Royal Park Hotel at HND. It is inside the International terminal, and then take the Airport Limousine buss very early the next morning to NRT.

I was just in the hotel on behalf of a colleague who needed info for an upcoming stay. It's at the far end on the departure level just past the row where BR has check-in, basically you walk all the way to the windows and turn right, then left.

https://www.rph-the.co.jp/haneda/en/

On my most recent trip a couple of weeks ago, I had the reverse - arrived at NRT but had to depart from HND.

I also stayed at the Narita Hilton (which I use often).

The next morning I took the hotel shuttle back to NRT and then Airport Limousine Bus directly from NRT to HND. It was 3100 Yen and it took exactly 1 hour 5 minutes to the first stop at the domestic terminal and another 5 minutes or so to the International.

I would absolutely use the Limo Bus again. Extremely efficient and they even tag your luggage for the specific terminals on arrival. Since there is always the possibility of traffic in the morning into and out of Tokyo, I would leave allowing at least 2 hours minimum on the bus.

If you need any more info, there is also there is discussion about this on the Japan FT forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/japan...merged-24.html

Read the Wiki at the top of the thread and the recent posts on the last 2 pages.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by truncated
....I'm not one for buses/shuttles and I like the trains so that's how I usually get to NRT.
Agree and when I fly into NRT and have to be in Tokyo, I stay at the Hilton and take N'EX most of the time. It's been my main transportation to and from NRT for a couple of years and works perfectly when I'm also connecting on the Metro. I've only done the local trains a couple of times. Quite enjoyable but not as comfortable with carry-ons etc.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:56 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
I'm going to move this to the Japan forum as it's not specifically about a transit from ANA to ANA, and the regulars there can give you some more advice.

Regards,
armagebedar
ANA forum moderator
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the great advice!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:57 am

The recommendation to stay at Royal Park HND is an excellent one. Two reasons: 1).Limo bus is the easiest way to go between HND and NRT; 2).Royal Park is not a detour for you, but Hilton NRT is.

If Royal Park is too expensive for you, another great option is to find a place near Shinagawa Station. Take the Keikyu train direct from HND to Shinagawa, then the next day catch NRT Express from Shinagawa to NRT (or Limo Bus straight from your hotel to NRT, if there is one and it works for you time-wise).

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've taken these Limo Buses dozens of times and can't remember the last time it actually ran late. You would think that trains are more reliable than buses, but I'm not so sure here. I've had trains to NRT and HND run late on me numerous times, although luckily never tremendously late. Last month, I was at Shinagawa waiting for a different train when a NRT Express rolled in 45min late.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: Amex Delta Skymiles,One World,Star Alliance,Air China Phoenix Skyteam.
I have stayed in the Royal Park before its very small room and expensive 175$ a night. Limos bus is the way to go for sure. Another time I took taxi to the Tokyo Conrad spent the night very nice Hotel and rooms. Then Taxi to NRT was 200$ wont do that again.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
There are other hotels at the domestic terminals
- Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu (Full service hotel at Terminal 2)
- FIRST CABIN ("Capsule" style - Terminal 1)

EDIT: The Domestic terminal does not have an early morning bus to NRT. So it really isn't worth taking a shuttle to the domestic terminal and back again in the morning. (The 06:25 AM departure only serves the International Terminal).
With that in mind, if you find the RP to be too expensive, I would second the suggestion to travel to Shinagawa and stay there.

You need to catch a shuttle bus to get from the International Terminal to the domestic terminals. But there are more Limousine Bus departures from the domestic terminals than from the international terminal, so it's not a bad place to start the next day.

Last edited by jib71; Aug 21, 2017 at 7:50 am
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by 24left
I would suggest that you stay at the Royal Park Hotel at HND. It is inside the International terminal, and then take the Airport Limousine buss very early the next morning to NRT.
I did use the RP hotel at HND and I have to say that it's very convenient. I second the idea of sleeping there and getting to NRT the next morning.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:54 pm
Suspended

For my recent trip arriving to NRT, I had reserved the Royal Park HND, but last minute, I chose the NRT Hilton as I knew I'd be tired after 15 hours of flying. There was actually minimal difference in price at the time between the 2 hotels for my dates.

If I had an early flight ex-HND as I did on a previous trip, I would stay at the Royal Park even if it cost more, simply for the convenience as ease of access to the terminal in the morning.

A few years ago, I stayed at the Excel Tokyu in the HND domestic terminal. It was just fine for a night before a flight.

Anyway, as per my directions upthread, I took photos for my colleague which makes it easier to understand the location relative to the departure area.

Walk past Kitty to the last aisle with the big windows, turn right, walk to the end, turn left and there is the entrance to the hotel. 3rd photo is the lobby.

Attached Images    
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Be aware that NRT airport hotels don't operate shuttle service very frequently. Even if you can get to NRT, do not assume that you won't have missed the last shuttle. Similarly, infrequent shuttles in the morning can force you to leave the hotel for the terminal almost an hour earlier than you would like.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Be aware that NRT airport hotels don't operate shuttle service very frequently. Even if you can get to NRT, do not assume that you won't have missed the last shuttle. Similarly, infrequent shuttles in the morning can force you to leave the hotel for the terminal almost an hour earlier than you would like.

Ah, yes.

So here is a photo of the Hilton shuttle to and from NRT.

On the right hand side is Hotel to NRT, first column.

Not only are the early mornings pretty frequent, I've taken the 7am to NRT and then the N'EX into Tokyo for meetings and it works perfectly too.

Attached Images  
pudgym29 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the incredibly helpful information.
I reserved the Royal Park Hotel and will take the bus to NRT in the AM.
One odd thing. The Royal Park hotel didn't ask for a credit card guarantee and in the email confirmation it says this:
Thank you very much for reserving ROYALPARK HOTEL THE HANEDA.
Please find below the confirmation of your reservation.
*Advanced credit card details are not necessary.
If you have any inquiry, please let us know anytime.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel.

I've never come across a hotel not asking for a guarantee.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:38 pm

That's pretty much how most hotels are in Jpn, believe it or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.