Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Another NRT news... (potential curfew reduction)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another NRT news... (potential curfew reduction)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Seems to me that if JR double-tracked the section just outside NRT then the N"Ex bound for Tokyo wouldn't have to stop and wait on every damn trip. That would save a few minutes only but psychologically it would seem like a real improvement, at least to me.
The bottleneck is the tunnel into the terminal complex, which only has two tracks (one for Keisei and one for JR; they can't share tracks because they have very different gauges). They would have to dig a new one, and unless you also double-tracked the T2 station you would just be moving the bottleneck closer to the airport. Pretty pricey for a marginal improvement.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joejones
The bottleneck is the tunnel into the terminal complex, which only has two tracks (one for Keisei and one for JR; they can't share tracks because they have very different gauges). They would have to dig a new one, and unless you also double-tracked the T2 station you would just be moving the bottleneck closer to the airport. Pretty pricey for a marginal improvement.
No, that is not the bottleneck I am referring to. This halt occurs after the train to Tokyo has already left the tunnel. Haven't you noticed it?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
No, that is not the bottleneck I am referring to. This halt occurs after the train to Tokyo has already left the tunnel. Haven't you noticed it?
Every time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.