Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Are there coin lockers at Koshien station in Osaka?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

I'm looking to travel from Hiroshima tomorrow, store my bags at Koshien station, go to a baseball game at the stadium, then head into Osaka to my hotel.

Can't see for sure online if there are coin lockers at Koshien station, does anyone know?
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:48 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
There are lockers at the station but the only map I can find is in Japanese and a little messy since there seem to be construction works going on.

http://rail.hanshin.co.jp/uploads/guidemap/koshien.pdf

If you can't find any free lockers near the west exit (the stadium side) try the east exit or in a shopping mall near the station. There may also be some inside the station towards the east exit.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:36 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Also some websites have indicated that maybe total of 100 or less coin lockers at Koshien Station area. On the game day often all lockers get occupied by early in the morning.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Interesting. Thanks. Maybe I will go all the way in to Osaka on the Shinkansen first and drop the bags, or drop them at Shin-Kobe and head from Kobe to Koshien and then double back to Shin-Kobe after the game.

One of my bags might be too large for a shopping mall locker, even if I could find one.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 4:59 am
Original Poster

FYI- I ended up going all the way to Osaka station first to drop my bag. I couldn't even find a an available locker there. Lots of banks of coin lockers, all full. So I walked over to the Hilton where I'm staying, checked in, walked back to the station and went to the game.

There may be a manned luggage storage office at Osaka station, I can't remember. But just a warning for everyone to have a back up plan if you intend to drop your bags in coin lockers in Japan, the lockers may be full by mid to late morning.

Last edited by jphripjah; Mar 16, 2018 at 10:19 pm
Old Mar 6, 2016, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I do not use coin lockers frequently, but my experience is similar. Coin lockers at major stations such as Tokyo and Shinjuku seems to be very popular. When I wanted to use one, often it was all occupied and had to walked around little to find one open. I think once or twice I could not find one open. Since then I do not count on coin lockers at train stations to be available when I need one.

Also, if you watch Japanese TV drama you find out that often coin lockers are used to hide evidence by criminals. Hence high demand.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
... Also, if you watch Japanese TV drama you find out that often coin lockers are used to hide evidence by criminals. Hence high demand.
Yes, but in those shows, the actors always seem to find available lockers without hunting around.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Chipping in with my 2 cents on coin lockers in Tokyo station at mid-morning: The large ones (or at least the ones that I could find) were mostly all taken up. Only managed to get one on the 4th "cluster" of lockers that I came across.

(Gransta does have a cloakroom, though).
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:59 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

There are a number of websites listing lockers at railway stations (and elsewhere) in Japan though most are in Japanese only unfortunately.

This one shows the availability of (Suica-operated) free lockers and their size at selected stations in real time (or so they claim).
http://www.coinlocker-navi.com/
Tokyo Station (1st floor) large lockers - select size by clicking the grey/blue buttons, click on coloured icons to display the number available at each location
http://www.coinlocker-navi.com/aream...z=off&s_sz=off

Another site mostly for Tokyo
http://coinlockersearch.com/

This one is someone's personal website with photos
Tokyo Station (in 5 parts)
http://locker1.exblog.jp/23918886/

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 7, 2016 at 3:50 am
Old Mar 10, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: FT
Almost impossible to find a locker of any size at Nagoya station today. Finally found two mid size ones for carry on rollers after roaming to all locations for 20 minutes. Saw some with huge ones that were going to be hooped.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:10 am

Coin lockers, for me, are hit and miss in the bigger stations. Although the smaller stations tend not to have as many lockers, one also faces less competition for the space. The bonus is that they are often easier to retrieve when the time comes given the smaller station size on the in/out.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:10 am

Programs: FT
Department stores near major stations are also an option.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by mkjr
Department stores near major stations are also an option.
Unfortunately they tend not to have larger lockers since they are primarily for shoppers.

If I'm staying somewhere for a day or two and need a locker for my case, I try to check where larger lockers are located in advance so I don't have to search for them on the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.