Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disneyland hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Disneyland hotel

Is the hotel at Disneyland worth staying? Thinking bringing the kids there and thought it's best to stay there for a couple of nights. But from the photos they look very ordinary.....
Old Mar 29, 2015, 9:56 am

I've never stayed at one of the Disneyland Hotels, but on a recent trip we stayed at the Sheraton park and loved it. For only 1,000 extra you can get a club room and it's well worth it. The staff in the lounge are outstanding and will stock you up on drinks and snacks to take with with you to the park. Breakfast is just continental, but it was great. Some of the yummiest banana bread I've ever had.

Also the Sheraton Park has a nice understated Disney decor. My 2 year old loved all the vintage pictures of Disneland.

Last edited by armagebedar; Apr 1, 2015 at 6:15 pm Reason: subsequent posts by same poster
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:55 pm
Suspended

I Think If the kids are still taking naps, definitely. Its nice to have a hotel so close to the park to be able to exit the park, take the nap, and return refreshed.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:42 am
kg1

Programs: UA, SQ, DL, Hyatt
I recommend staying at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay based on my two visits to Tokyo Disney (family of 4). I'm not really a Disney person, so the official hotel had no particular appeal for me. We liked the Sheraton so much the first time, we didn't bother looking anywhere else for the second visit.

We found the Sheraton's club level to be very much worth the extra price--anytime drinks and snacks, plus enough food in the evening to be a potential meal. Mom and dad may also have slipped out down the hall to the club lounge when the kids crashed to sleep at 8pm. Breakfast at the hotel was included in our rate; nice view from the top floor restaurant (either the bay or Disney) and the food was good too (Japanese/Western buffet). Rooms were nice, and the beds were good.

My kids were 9/5 and 10/6 when we visited. They thought the monorail ride to/from the hotel was as exciting as many of the rides at Disney. The extra ~10 minute trip on the monorail was also a nice way to build up to and wind down from the crowds--definitely not a negative for us. The kids also enjoyed the large indoor playroom/playground (Treasures! Island) in the basement. The indoor pool area was nice as well--outdoor pool area was closed in November .
Old Apr 11, 2015, 4:08 am
Suspended

Every kid want to go to Disneyland. And It is must for you to take them. Book your tickets right now to Disneyland.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by AvionBell
Every kid want to go to Disneyland. And It is must for you to take them. Book your tickets right now to Disneyland.
Thank you very much for that sage advice.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 1:40 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AvionBell
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by kg1
I recommend staying at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay based on my two visits to Tokyo Disney (family of 4). I'm not really a Disney person, so the official hotel had no particular appeal for me. We liked the Sheraton so much the first time, we didn't bother looking anywhere else for the second visit.

We found the Sheraton's club level to be very much worth the extra price--anytime drinks and snacks, plus enough food in the evening to be a potential meal. Mom and dad may also have slipped out down the hall to the club lounge when the kids crashed to sleep at 8pm. Breakfast at the hotel was included in our rate; nice view from the top floor restaurant (either the bay or Disney) and the food was good too (Japanese/Western buffet). Rooms were nice, and the beds were good.

My kids were 9/5 and 10/6 when we visited. They thought the monorail ride to/from the hotel was as exciting as many of the rides at Disney. The extra ~10 minute trip on the monorail was also a nice way to build up to and wind down from the crowds--definitely not a negative for us. The kids also enjoyed the large indoor playroom/playground (Treasures! Island) in the basement. The indoor pool area was nice as well--outdoor pool area was closed in November .
Do you know if there is a shuttle between the hotel and the maihama train stop? (We will be using public transport only on this trip)

EDIT: answering my own question from the SPG website... You can catch the Disney monorail from Maihama or you can even check in at the Sheraton checkin counter located at the train station and they'll take your bags to the hotel so you can go play!

Last edited by adschnei; Apr 15, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:42 pm

I stayed at the Disneyland hotel in Tokyo. No kids, just partner and I. Loved it, and the early access to the parks was a great added benefit. They are pricey, so "worth it" may be quite subjective, but I would do it again.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
My top five hotels to stay around Tokyo Disney Resort:

5. Tokyo Bay Maihama Club Resort. Cool atrium.

4. Ambassador Hotel. The original Disney hotel. Nice, but location is a bit inconvenient.

3. Disneyland Hotel. Walking distance to Disneyland. Nice, but not super special.

2. Sheraton Grande Hotel Really nice hotel with nice, non-Disney amusement options onsite.

1. Mira Costa Hotel. By far the best. It's beautiful, and it's INSIDE DisneySea. You can see inside even after closing!

Last edited by hailstorm; Jun 26, 2015 at 2:13 am
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:01 am

I think number 1 is meant to be "Miracosta"
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I think number 1 is meant to be "Miracosta"
Whoops! You're right. I have fixed accordingly.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Whoops! You're right. I have fixed accordingly.
We are thinking about splurging but to get the early admission and full benefits, should you go to the park the morning of the day you check out? How should one maximize for only one night when you are departing Japan on the next day at noon out or NRT. A Thursday.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkjr
We are thinking about splurging but to get the early admission and full benefits, should you go to the park the morning of the day you check out? How should one maximize for only one night when you are departing Japan on the next day at noon out or NRT. A Thursday.
That depends on how much stamina you all have. I find the Tokyo Disney parks very fun, but very exhausting.

You may want to consider the non-theme park attractions for the final day, such as the Ikspiri shopping complex, or even the neighboring Rinkai Park.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:52 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by hailstorm
That depends on how much stamina you all have. I find the Tokyo Disney parks very fun, but very exhausting.

You may want to consider the non-theme park attractions for the final day, such as the Ikspiri shopping complex, or even the neighboring Rinkai Park.
We have been to Disney world with our daughter 6 times and tokyo Disney 3 times. Even if we did not do everything, she loves rides and at 9, she'd still love it. The issue is if we leave at 9am on limo bus to NRT from Miracosta having checked in in the morning before is worth it or better to just go, store luggage on last day, then take airport limo to NRT and stay at cheap airport hotel for last night...versus spending money that night at Miracosta but not hurley benefiting from the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.