Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Buying soy / soja / shoyu sauce

Buying soy / soja / shoyu sauce

Old Dec 7, 17, 4:17 am

Programs: UA/HH/Marriott Gold
Another thank you for the recommendation of the soy sauce counter at Matsuya--stopped in today and got some nice wheat-free tamari and some mirin.

LapLap, while we were in Kanazawa earlier we picked up little spray bottles of the Hishiho and a few bottles of soy sauce salt, so thanks to you as well! The hubs also got a package of small packets of Hishiho as a gift from a colleague so I feel well-stocked. (And I saw the same soy salt at a natural foods store, I think called En, in the basement of the Shin-Maru Building if you need to find it in Tokyo.)
Old Dec 7, 17, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calcifer View Post
Another thank you for the recommendation of the soy sauce counter at Matsuya--stopped in today and got some nice wheat-free tamari and some mirin.

LapLap, while we were in Kanazawa earlier we picked up little spray bottles of the Hishiho and a few bottles of soy sauce salt, so thanks to you as well! The hubs also got a package of small packets of Hishiho as a gift from a colleague so I feel well-stocked. (And I saw the same soy salt at a natural foods store, I think called En, in the basement of the Shin-Maru Building if you need to find it in Tokyo.)
Didn't know about En - and usually pass through Marunouchi a few times. Next visit is in April, will definitely stop by. Thank you!