Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Meet FlyerTalkers in Japan...

Meet FlyerTalkers in Japan...

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 26, 18, 4:41 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: armagebedar
Wiki Link
Also be sure to check the ANA Lounge meetup thread and JAL Lounge meetup thread to meet FTers in airport lounges in Japan and elsewhere.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 6, 22, 6:20 pm

I've had this issue with like 1 out of every 3 restaurants in Japan - Google is very inaccurate here. I've gotten into the habit of checking their website or FB/IG instead.

Anyway, I hope to make the next meetup! A "newcomer" been living in Japan about a year now (before that was here regularly too)
THECLIPPERS likes this.
Old Aug 6, 22, 6:51 pm

I haven't found google to be any more accurate outside Japan during Covid. Nor restaurants' own sites half the time. Went through London recently and multiple places had the wrong hours broadcast on their own sites/social media.
Old Aug 7, 22, 4:44 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Great catching up again, and meeting new people. Looking forward to the next event.
Where is the group photo?
Old Aug 7, 22, 4:47 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
I'm in Ginza until the 15th of this month before returning to Los Angeles.

Would love to meet some of you if possible.
Old Aug 7, 22, 4:47 am

My condolences.

I could do a drink somewhere in Ginza on the 9th.
Afternoon or evening?
Old Aug 7, 22, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS View Post
Afternoon or evening?
​​​​​​Late afternoon early evening. 5:30'ish or after that.
THECLIPPERS likes this.
Old Aug 7, 22, 7:49 am

​​​​​​Late afternoon early evening. 5:30'ish or after that.
OK, let plan around 6:00 PM on the 9th. Who else wants to join?
Old Aug 7, 22, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
OK, let plan around 6:00 PM on the 9th. Who else wants to join?
Around 6pm sounds good, if not too many I would suggest Peter at The Peninsula. If a bigger group we might want to consider somewhere else.
Old Aug 7, 22, 6:43 pm

Im down
Old Aug 7, 22, 8:43 pm

Around 6pm sounds good, if not too many I would suggest Peter at The Peninsula. If a bigger group we might want to consider somewhere else.
I was thinking something more casual like Ginza Lion Beer Hall.
Old Aug 7, 22, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was thinking something more casual like Ginza Lion Beer Hall.
We can do that as well. I am flexible.
THECLIPPERS likes this.
Old Aug 7, 22, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.5MM, AA 2MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
We can do that as well. I am flexible.
I won't be attending after recent events lol -- my opinions just don't fit well wiih you all - but a good friend of ours runs a great wine bar in Kyobashi -- cheap and cheerful -- but good quality wines and nibbles -- and easy in / out....

My wife and I spend a lot of time to support local businesses since COVID -- and Haruyama-san (the owner and bartender) has been such a great friend for years -- you won't go wrong here.... Izumi and I come here often when we are home in Tokyo -- check it out some time.... Tell him Jonathan and Izumi recommended it -- he will make it happen....

THECLIPPERS likes this.

Last edited by bmwe92fan; Aug 7, 22 at 10:28 pm
Old Aug 8, 22, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan View Post
I won't be attending after recent events lol -- my opinions just don't fit well wiih you all - but a good friend of ours runs a great wine bar in Kyobashi -- cheap and cheerful -- but good quality wines and nibbles -- and easy in / out....

My wife and I spend a lot of time to support local businesses since COVID -- and Haruyama-san (the owner and bartender) has been such a great friend for years -- you won't go wrong here.... Izumi and I come here often when we are home in Tokyo -- check it out some time.... Tell him Jonathan and Izumi recommended it -- he will make it happen....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E...2!4d139.771714
I'm up for meeting everyone at least once. LOL
Old Aug 8, 22, 7:35 am

Hyatt Centric Ginza has a nice bar as well that is less crowded than Ginza Lion Beer Hall.
Old Aug 8, 22, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hyatt Centric Ginza has a nice bar as well that is less crowded than Ginza Lion Beer Hall.
We kind of need a Junta decision on the location... Can I make it as Hyatt Centric? as it is the easiest for me of the 3?

Search this Thread