Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Meet FlyerTalkers in Japan...

Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
Also be sure to check the ANA Lounge meetup thread and JAL Lounge meetup thread to meet FTers in airport lounges in Japan and elsewhere.
Print Wikipost

Meet FlyerTalkers in Japan...

Old Aug 1, 2022, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Just a quick re-confirmation for everyone joining today at ~11:30am at Tohryu in Azabu Juban.

Tohryu
106-0045 Azabujuban 2-4-5

登龍 麻布店
https://maps.app.goo.gl/b9WD5A9NbwC6qVoy5

Thanks to CPH-Flyer for posting the address and map. I think we have 4-5 coming unless there are any surprise appearances. Just come on in and look for a table (mostly) full of foreigners, probably will be upstairs on 2F, but not sure. I'll try to arrive a few minutes early to secure a table. According to Google Maps, they are open from 8:30am believe it or not lol.

See you all soon, and feel free to drop by even if you're not eating / staying the whole time.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: TG*G
I would have loved to join as a "newcomer" (if allowed), as Azaubujuban is close to my workplace, however, some work-related appointments won't make me to leave for a proper lunch break today. Hope that I can join another time soon!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by THECLIPPERS
My father-in-law passed away yesterday so I won't be able to make it.

I will be around Ginza from August 4th evening until August 10th if anyone wants to meet up.
Sorry to hear. My condolences.
THECLIPPERS likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by morrissey_ohz
I would have loved to join as a "newcomer" (if allowed), as Azaubujuban is close to my workplace, however, some work-related appointments won't make me to leave for a proper lunch break today. Hope that I can join another time soon!
Doh. Sorry to hear that. You're ALWAYS more than welcome. Everyone is a "newcomer". Feel free to drop by any time today or otherwise.
morrissey_ohz likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ainternational
Just a quick re-confirmation for everyone joining today at ~11:30am at Tohryu in Azabu Juban.

Tohryu
106-0045 Azabujuban 2-4-5

登龍 麻布店
https://maps.app.goo.gl/b9WD5A9NbwC6qVoy5

Thanks to CPH-Flyer for posting the address and map. I think we have 4-5 coming unless there are any surprise appearances. Just come on in and look for a table (mostly) full of foreigners, probably will be upstairs on 2F, but not sure. I'll try to arrive a few minutes early to secure a table. According to Google Maps, they are open from 8:30am believe it or not lol.

See you all soon, and feel free to drop by even if you're not eating / staying the whole time.
Of course in REALITY, they open at 11:30am

Old Aug 1, 2022, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ainternational
Of course in REALITY, they open at 11:30am

Actually they aren't open on Tuesdays according to the writing on the door.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Actually they aren't open on Tuesdays according to the writing on the door.
Yeah. Another detail Uncle G got wrong....
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Great catching up again, and meeting new people. Looking forward to the next event.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Great catching up again, and meeting new people. Looking forward to the next event.
Was great to meet you all!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by pesos
Was great to meet you all!

+1
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's hot , but who/what is uncle G ? Or let me guess they are too cheap to change the paint job on the shutter.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 11:37 pm

It's hot , but who/what is uncle G ?
I think he might be the guy who steals your personal information and sells it to the highest bidder.
pesos and CPH-Flyer like this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's hot , but who/what is uncle G ? Or let me guess they are too cheap to change the paint job on the shutter.
Uncle G is your pal Google.

The shutters did actually show it correctly. And so does Google now, as I submitted a correction.....
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Uncle G is your pal Google.

The shutters did actually show it correctly. And so does Google now, as I submitted a correction.....
Ohhh nice move. That’s your public service for the day!

Great seeing you all. Let’s do it again some time soon. Perhaps one day we can actually enjoy those dumplings at Tohryu or tonkatsu at maisen. It’s the new mabo after all.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
If you ever do a Kansai meetup I'd be in. I think there are a couple Flyertalkers here, but not many.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.