Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
Haha. My bad.

Vancouver international airport has it for sure.

Someone by the name of scotchrekimages on ig just posted that there were plenty, but going fast
BradnerBoy and 7473chad like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:01 pm

Donky Roppongi

Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by broncophil
Haha. My bad.

Vancouver international airport has it for sure.

Someone by the name of scotchrekimages on ig just posted that there were plenty, but going fast
If you're driving, the land crossings seem to have the cheapest prices, around $70 USD.

I've seen bottles recently in SFO, LAX, YVR, JFK, SYD, HKG, SIN, and I'm sure they are in a lot more...
7473chad likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:24 pm

Ichiro hyatt maduro.

my niece just stopped by there on my request. She’s on vacation at that hotel coincidentally. I guess it’s not sold out.

It’s a mix of world whiskies. I think I might pass at that price.
The Peninsula also released an exclusive Ichiro bottling this week, limited to 300 bottles. Not sure how much it's going for but saw some people reselling for $2.5k
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
If you're driving, the land crossings seem to have the cheapest prices, around $70 USD.

I've seen bottles recently in SFO, LAX, YVR, JFK, SYD, HKG, SIN, and I'm sure they are in a lot more...
sorry, what does land crossings mean? i googled and it doesnt show in a duty free context
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:57 pm

sorry, what does land crossings mean? i googled and it doesnt show in a duty free context
It's a duty free shop at the border when crossing by car
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:09 pm

It's a duty free shop at the border when crossing by car
ahh that’s what I figured but I got thrown off when you included lax, sfo etc

invalyd likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:36 pm

ahh that’s what I figured but I got thrown off when you included lax, sfo etc

​​​​​​
sorry haha, those are just airports ive seen the MS at recently. all that to say it's not super hard to find! and I agree it's a great regular drinker
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
HKG, SIN.
How recently was this? From memory I haven't seen any Suntory NAS bottles at HKG or SIN apart from The Chita in at least the past year or so. The 'street price' (as in, any bottle shop in the city) for Hibiki Master's Select is well over 1,000 HKD in Hong Kong.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: SQ TPPS, QR Gold
I have seen Hibiki and Yamazaki NAS once in the arrivals hall at Changi some time in the past year. Everything was gone in 60 secs.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by cowie
I have seen Hibiki and Yamazaki NAS once in the arrivals hall at Changi some time in the past year. Everything was gone in 60 secs.
I don't visit SIN more than about once a month (and never see the bottles any more), but I pass by the duty free at HKG on a weekly basis and haven't seen any Hibiki or Yamazaki NAS since at least a year ago from what I can recall. It's silly really.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:19 am

How about any recent sightings of the hibiki 17 or Yamazaki 12 mini bottles around Tokyo?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 5:51 am

BIG Ginza - cheapest in town
7473chad and Migue Bolindo like this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll
How recently was this? From memory I haven't seen any Suntory NAS bottles at HKG or SIN apart from The Chita in at least the past year or so. The 'street price' (as in, any bottle shop in the city) for Hibiki Master's Select is well over 1,000 HKD in Hong Kong.
This was around December. Quite possible they sell out quickly but they definitely still get stocks.
Kilian Zoll likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Migue Bolindo
How about any recent sightings of the hibiki 17 or Yamazaki 12 mini bottles around Tokyo?
Yamaya still stocks Y12 minis at „780

Good luck on the H17 minis, Park Hyatt Tokyo minibar seems to be the only place I see them now, still not a terrible deal at „3000 after taxes
7473chad likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.