Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Mar 6, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
They pop up at Yamaya sometimes , but you make a good point, not as often as Suntory whiskies.
I have not seen them at any department stores for retail prices for I would say a year or so. Last time I saw them at retail was in 2016 at a local AEON mall. Still remember duty free stores were selling them for Y3500 and Y6000 back in 2015.... What a smoking deal back then compared to Suntory products!! Only if I had time machine....
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by daizawaguy
This is a "world" blend, right - "The new blend will feature liquid from distilleries located in the five largest whisky-making regions around the world, namely Scotland, Japan, Ireland, Canada, and the USA. Suntory and it's US arm, Beam Suntory, own a large number of distilleries, including Laphroaig, Bowmore, Tyrconnell, and many other brands."
Which also includes Jim Beam, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark and Canadian Club. Ao might tastes exactly like pouring some Jim Beam into a glass of Yamazaki.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by antebellum
Which also includes Jim Beam, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark and Canadian Club. Ao might tastes exactly like pouring some Jim Beam into a glass of Yamazaki.
It might taste like mixing your Hibiki with your Knob.
omarr and DGibb like this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:38 pm

Couldn't find an answer on this but are the Hibiki 21 LE (Kacho Fugetsu) only available at Tokyo and Osaka airports exclusively? And not other airports or retailers in Japan or worldwide?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by clin31
Couldn't find an answer on this but are the Hibiki 21 LE (Kacho Fugetsu) only available at Tokyo and Osaka airports exclusively? And not other airports or retailers in Japan or worldwide?
Yes, or duty free shops in Tokyo.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Whats availability like for it out of curiosity? Assuming its quite variable.
Have the H17 Kacho and would very much like to add the 21 to the collection.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:15 am

Any idea if availability is better at these Duty Free stores than at the airport?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by clin31
Any idea if availability is better at these Duty Free stores than at the airport?
Airport is better, DF shops in the city are usually sold out.
james21_h likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:37 am

Was able to grab 4 Hibiki Kacho at Narita today, they just have slips now for each bottle and you take one and pay at the counter. I guess they got tired of telling people how many are left!
flylonghaul likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:39 pm

Was able to grab 4 Hibiki Kacho at Narita today, they just have slips now for each bottle and you take one and pay at the counter. I guess they got tired of telling people how many are left!
What time was your flight? I was there recently on a late afternoon flight and they were sold out
Trying to figure out if morning flights are better
Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:52 pm

I was there at noon but don't think it matters too much. The shops don't re-stock every morning as some people suggest.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:04 pm

Any sightings of hibiki 17 anywhere in Tokyo?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Migue Bolindo
Any sightings of hibiki 17 anywhere in Tokyo?
Liqours Express Ginza „37,000 (no box) and a small liqour shop near Ookoyama station also had it for „42,000

You're unlikely to find it for cheaper in Tokyo
Old Mar 12, 2019, 6:37 am

Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by daizawaguy
Wow, a whole „1000 cheaper

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.