Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 7473chad
Monday morning flight out of Narita Term 2. Absolutely nothing available from higher end Hibiki, Yama or Hakushu. No sightings of the Chichibu travel retail left either. Tried every store.
My buddy scored 8 Yamazaki LEs yesterday. Amazing how quickly the stock changes, must really just come down to luck! No Chichibu unfortunately which is what I was hoping he'd find.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, SingAir, Hyatt
Originally Posted by invalyd
My buddy scored 8 Yamazaki LEs yesterday. Amazing how quickly the stock changes, must really just come down to luck! No Chichibu unfortunately which is what I was hoping he'd find.
Yup. It's pure luck. Was he able to buy multiple bottles by getting one at each different store? Wondering if I can do this next time. Also, I've noticed that the availability looks like (in order) 1) Yama 18, 2) Hibiki 21, 3) Hakushu 18 and the Hakushu appears very very limited these days
invalyd likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:23 am

Yup. It's pure luck. Was he able to buy multiple bottles by getting one at each different store? Wondering if I can do this next time. Also, I've noticed that the availability looks like (in order) 1) Yama 18, 2) Hibiki 21, 3) Hakushu 18 and the Hakushu appears very very limited these days
Yes, multiple shops and people. You can actually switch terminals airside as well.
7473chad likes this.

Last edited by invalyd; Feb 8, 2019 at 1:07 am
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:48 am

Yes, multiple shops and people. You can actually switch terminals airside as well.
Ur buddy is dedicated!! I ran through 5 shops in Terminal 1 when I flew out couple weeks ago and I just gave it up after...
invalyd likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by PastisDetox
Blenders Choice: it’s weird because the last place I saw it was somewhere I least expected to see it: the Tokyu Department store in Shibuya. It may have been a one-off, and plus they were restricting sales to holders of their Tokyu credit card, but I was surprised to see it on sale there, after hearing that it was mainly distributed to bars and restaurants. And yes, the price then was the standard 10,800 yen.
In other words, Tokyu wants to restrict whisky sales to foreigners, since getting Tokyu JAL Card (or any Japanese credit cards, for that matter) as a foreigner is basically impossible.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:17 am

Really depends on your visa and employment status, which I would imagine is the same in any country about getting a credit card. Department stores usually have their own membership services and cards, and this is one way to offer promotions and discounts and right of first refusal to these customers. Hibiki Blenders Choice whilst not seen much on shelves, is available on Amazon at a small markup, or regional liquor stores online at the standard Y10,000.
7473chad likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Hibiki Blender's Choice Masters Select at JFK T4 Duty Free today for $90. Not flying international today so no opportunity to purchase.
invalyd likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:00 pm

back in...
invalyd, james21_h and 7473chad like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:31 pm

Donki Dotombori still have 8 mini Yama 12’s today but the price is ¥1,980 before tax/50ml *sweats*..

Last edited by carpediemloh; Feb 10, 2019 at 9:55 pm Reason: Missing photo attachment
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: CX DM, SingAir, Hyatt
Originally Posted by carpediemloh
Donki Dotombori still have 8 mini Yama 12’s today but the price is ¥1,980 before tax/50ml *sweats*..
I found a few at Yamaya but "packaged" with a chocolate bar for ¥1,300 yen each. Good Swiss chocolate too so was probably all at normal retail.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:52 am

I found a few at Yamaya but "packaged" with a chocolate bar for ¥1,300 yen each. Good Swiss chocolate too so was probably all at normal retail.
yamaya, liquor mountain, donki.. any other retailers who may still have these things laying around? I’ve basically combed them all around Osaka. The moment I see tourists (like myself.. haha) gut feeling will just tell me to walk back out😆
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by carpediemloh

yamaya, liquor mountain, donki.. any other retailers who may still have these things laying around? I’ve basically combed them all around Osaka. The moment I see tourists (like myself.. haha) gut feeling will just tell me to walk back out😆
Feel free to check and let us know...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:18 pm

daizawaguy, thanks again for heads up. Got bottle of Blenders Choice just now. One bottle now left.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i got a few bottles at sub1600. i think they bought at the 780 yen shop and have a 10% markup.

given its less than what a double shot would cost outside i figure its still a reasonable deal (hk/london)
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:31 am

Feel free to check and let us know...
yeah will do.. I’ve got a few days left here.. going to see what I can find. Might switch hunting strategy if I don’t hit any decent find later today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.