Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:16 am

Hibiki21,Yamazaki18 and Hakushu18 available at KIX duty free shop this afternoon.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:12 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by alan0801
Hibiki21,Yamazaki18 and Hakushu18 available at KIX duty free shop this afternoon.
At standard duty free prices of 50,000 yen?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Of course, why would the prices be different?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:41 pm

Scored these two at retail (Y10,800) today at the most popular liquor shop in Tokyo! Pretty happy!!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by james21_h

Scored these two at retail (Y10,800) today at the most popular liquor shop in Tokyo! Pretty happy!!
Seems like they have a bottomless pit of them
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:44 am

Well, I was here last weekend d they had none. When I showed up today in the morning they only had 6 and limited one per person. I think it's hit or miss! Better to come on weekdays (early)!
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Well, I was here last weekend d they had none. When I showed up today in the morning they only had 6 and limited one per person. I think it's hit or miss! Better to come on weekdays (early)!
I'll try and pick up one of these next time I'm in town for work (HK bottle shops charge a ridiculous HKD 2,800). I've given up on most of the age stated ones given the prices. If they have the 21LE at duty free I might pick up one of those as well.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:16 am

My buddy passes through the station to get to every morning so he’s been stockpiling them for me
james21_h likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd

My buddy passes through the station to get to every morning so he’s been stockpiling them for me
Haha, nice! How many do you have so far? That is probably the only bottle that shop offers at the retail price these days... I remember scoring a bottle of Ichiro's The Peated 2016 at retail couple years ago and it was the last time I saw them carry something at retail in a long time!! Well, I did see Ichiro's MWR at retail this time but they bundled it with something terrible...
invalyd likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:51 pm

Could you reveal which store has these? It does seem Hibiki standard is coming through in small releases at retail at Kakuyasu. I`d like a Blender`s Choice too...
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:46 pm

Haha, nice! How many do you have so far? That is probably the only bottle that shop offers at the retail price these days... I remember scoring a bottle of Ichiro's The Peated 2016 at retail couple years ago and it was the last time I saw them carry something at retail in a long time!! Well, I did see Ichiro's MWR at retail this time but they bundled it with something terrible...
He’s got 8 waiting for me in Tokyo. I think Suntory told them they have to sell it at retail, because all their other bottles are overpriced.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 10:51 pm

He’s got 8 waiting for me in Tokyo. I think Suntory told them they have to sell it at retail, because all their other bottles are overpriced.
Holy crap that's a lot of Hibiki BC!!! I tried it at couple local bars and I thought it was ok but not great. I compared it side by side with H17 and H17 wins it hands down. I did score 4 bottles of H17 this trip at average cost of 27,000 yen each. Pretty happy with that price.
Duke787 and invalyd like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:44 am

Also saw about 10 bottles of Yamazaki NAS at Y4100 each @ BIC CAMERA Tokyo. They did limit one per person. I grabbed one and they were flying out of shelf while I was lining up to pay! Crazy time....
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Of course, why would the prices be different?
Just wanted to confirm the prices haven't changed. They didn't always sell for that much, so I'd imagine they would increase again if demand warranted.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:29 pm

Swing by Tokyo station again today to buy more blenders choice and they were all gone. Bumped into 3 guys looking for it. Apparently it is in high demand!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.