Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:47 pm

I have a friend who will be leaving soon from Narita Airport. I was wondering for anyone who has recently departed from Narita Airport, was the Hibiki 21 available at duty free shops, if so are they the special edition bottles at 50,000 yen. I plan to have my friend purchase one for me if possible. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kenshinxl85
I have a friend who will be leaving soon from Narita Airport. I was wondering for anyone who has recently departed from Narita Airport, was the Hibiki 21 available at duty free shops, if so are they the special edition bottles at 50,000 yen. I plan to have my friend purchase one for me if possible. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
They are currently sold out, and the employees probably get asked a few hundred times a day, so expect a rude response. I heard HND is stocked this week. It's always a lottery either way.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by invalyd
expect a rude response.
Really?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:28 am

Browsed Ginza today and lucky enough to spot NFTB for 2400 so snapped one up to drink before I fly home (only saw it at one other place.... for 3980). Also Nikka 12 for 6000 which I know is not brilliant, but about as good as you'll find in the few places that still have it (I only saw it at one other for the same price). Back home on Wednesday so I'll try and check the airport for anything obvious if I'm awake.

Last edited by Enigma; Nov 5, 2018 at 6:38 am
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:08 pm

All empty at NRT and poor prices on everything else. Masters select in a few places

Old Nov 8, 2018, 7:00 am

My go to shop in Japan has them on sale again but this time with premiums.... They were Y27,000 each back in Feb... I asked my friend grabbed Hibiki 21 since it is still ok price. Crazy how things changed...
invalyd and alan0801 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:22 am

Was lucky enough to pick up one of the Essence of Suntory Yamazaki Peated Malt direct from a bar manager this evening.

Looking forward to giving it a trial run.
invalyd likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by james21_h

My go to shop in Japan has them on sale again but this time with premiums.... They were Y27,000 each back in Feb... I asked my friend grabbed Hibiki 21 since it is still ok price. Crazy how things changed...
still a decent price for the H21.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by james21_h

Where is the shop? I can't found any suntory year whiskey last time ...

Last edited by alan0801; Nov 8, 2018 at 4:02 pm
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:54 am

you must not be looking that hard because Suntory whisky is more available than ever.

it just depends how much you're willing to pay.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
you must not be looking that hard because Suntory whisky is more available than ever.

it just depends how much you're willing to pay.
Or the quality you're desiring.. pints of Suntory Kakubin are readily availably at just about any konbini.

Welcome to Flyertalk alan0801!
invalyd likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Or the quality you're desiring.. pints of Suntory Kakubin are readily availably at just about any konbini.

Welcome to Flyertalk alan0801!
I would gladly bring back a liter of Kaku to make highballs at home if I weren't always so short on luggage space!
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:05 pm

@james21_h Any idea of the price of the standard NAS Hibiki at the right of the photo?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I would gladly bring back a liter of Kaku to make highballs at home if I weren't always so short on luggage space!
Unlike many of the other stuff, it's not imported into the US either. So that makes it rare, sort of..

I hear you on the luggage space. Duty free is usually a ripoff, but I can keep the tampersealed bottles in my carryon for my connecting flights in the US.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by daizawaguy
@james21_h Any idea of the price of the standard NAS Hibiki at the right of the photo?
I think it's around Y7,000. Not 100% sure!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.