Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA MM, Avis CHM
Hey everyone, what an interesting thread. I didn't buy since it's not really my thing, but I'll contribute a photo of this here Hibiki 21 from NRT T1 on Friday around 17:00.

I did, however, buy all 6 of these mini's. Makes for nice presents LOL

Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by SuperCarnitas
Hey everyone, what an interesting thread. I didn't buy since it's not really my thing, but I'll contribute a photo of this here Hibiki 21 from NRT T1 on Friday around 17:00.

I did, however, buy all 6 of these mini's. Makes for nice presents LOL

Thanks for the details about the (a) terminal and (b) time of day. Was this in the south wing (UA/ANA) or north wing (delta/KLM/AF/KAL) duty free shops?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:52 pm

Advice for today ?

Hi Guyz
thanks for the super intresting thread - am in tokyo today / tomorrow flying off haneda thursday. Looking for some Hibiki harmony / Taketsuru to bring back as a gift - anyone has seen those recently ?

thanks !
Old Apr 16, 2019, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by Guillaume Dfr
Hi Guyz
thanks for the super intresting thread - am in tokyo today / tomorrow flying off haneda thursday. Looking for some Hibiki harmony / Taketsuru to bring back as a gift - anyone has seen those recently ?

thanks !
Photo #1351 BIG Ginza
Old Apr 17, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA MM, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by PastisDetox

Thanks for the details about the (a) terminal and (b) time of day. Was this in the south wing (UA/ANA) or north wing (delta/KLM/AF/KAL) duty free shops?
Hibiki 21 was South Wing, ANA Duty-Free
Mini bottles were in an adjacent shop called Fuji Doll, close to Gate 52
Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I have heard Suntory will be refreshing their duty free lineup in the near future. Will be exciting to see what the new bottles look like.
7473chad likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 11:31 pm

My recent haul.

Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I was in a town somewhere in Victoria, where I visited a bottle shop, and found out they're selling Yamazaki 12 for around A$270. This must be unexpected.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by antebellum
I was in a town somewhere in Victoria, where I visited a bottle shop, and found out they're selling Yamazaki 12 for around A$270. This must be unexpected.
That's about the normal price at most shops that still have stock these days, even in Japan.

Thankfully a certain warehouse retailer in the US still sells it for $79.99 if you're lucky enough to be around when they get a shipment.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 2:54 pm

How hard is it to find the single MALT Yoichi in the Osaka area. Any tips? Big bottle or small, doesn’t matter. Do they do minis?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Landing in HND next Tuesday and leaving from NRT the following tuesday. So excited to check out some of these options
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by bluemeansgo
How hard is it to find the single MALT Yoichi in the Osaka area. Any tips? Big bottle or small, doesn’t matter. Do they do minis?
Yoichi NAS should be available at many liquor shops, just try the more popular chain shops. The aged or single cask stuff is a different story...
Old Apr 22, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, Vistara Platinum
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Landing in HND next Tuesday and leaving from NRT the following tuesday. So excited to check out some of these options
HND International didn't have any stock this morning unfortunately.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by james21_h
My recent haul.

Nice find with the Hibiki 12. Was that at a retail shop?

Also curious how you bring stuff back to you home country. Do you just pack carefully in your check-in suitcase or do you buy a specialized shipping box and check-in with the airline?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by groovbusta
Nice find with the Hibiki 12. Was that at a retail shop?

Also curious how you bring stuff back to you home country. Do you just pack carefully in your check-in suitcase or do you buy a specialized shipping box and check-in with the airline?
​​​​​​
bubble wrap and check-in
groovbusta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.