Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Liqours Express will have everything you want for a price. I normally wouldn't recommend this even for tourists as you can find much better prices in the US, but as it seems you might be from Canada, I know it's much harder to find the good stuff there.
I actually head down to NYC and Chicago semi-frequently - any recommendations in those cities for stores selling those whiskies?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by 7473chad
My wife is cabin crew for CX. Hibiki MS can be found on a very rare basis at HKIA. Maybe 8-10x a year only and they go within days.
Thought as much! So basically pure luck running into one -- unless you're cabin crew and the odds are on your side...
7473chad likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:11 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Please limit discussion to where to find Japanese whisky in Japan. I have been tolerant of slight digressions in the past but requests for places elsewhere will be deleted or moved to OMNI for being off topic.

Regards,
armagebedar
Japan forum moderator
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:37 am

Have any of you given up on the store-to-store hunt and just created an Amazon.co.jp account to ship to your hotel while in town? I have a relatively tight schedule on my next trip and I think that may be my only way to get a few bottles in hand, but I have no experience with it. Anybody try it, and how did it go?
Old Mar 29, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: CX DM, SingAir, Hyatt
Originally Posted by DGibb
Have any of you given up on the store-to-store hunt and just created an Amazon.co.jp account to ship to your hotel while in town? I have a relatively tight schedule on my next trip and I think that may be my only way to get a few bottles in hand, but I have no experience with it. Anybody try it, and how did it go?
Have done a few times from different suppliers on Amazon. Always easy to do and usually better pricing and availability then I can find on my own.
freecia likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:16 am

Donky’s 17 years are gone...

Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:17 am

L

Life Ikejiri Supermarche
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by daizawaguy
Donky’s 17 years are gone...
yes, you already posted this exact same photo weeks ago.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 1:27 am

My japan bartender friend scored me these beautiful. Y8000 plus tax each!!!
groovbusta, invalyd and 7473chad like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:50 am

Crazy prices for Hibiki 17. Another bubble?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:44 am

In case people didn't realized it yet, Donkis is a tourist trap designed for suckers. Picked this up for $208 after tax just yesterday.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:19 pm

Yamazaki 18 bottles in stock at Hakushu distillery this morning. Y25,000 limited to 1 bottle per person.
7473chad likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:47 pm

Yamazaki 18 bottles in stock at Hakushu distillery this morning. Y25,000 limited to 1 bottle per person.
nice!! I wish I was there!! Well I will be back there this summer and hopefully there will be some new stock left for me to pick up!!
Old Apr 7, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
I remembered Costco near my home (Ringwood) used to have plenty of Hakushu NAS for sale for A$97 each, and Yamazaki/Hakushu 18 for A$650 each (hefty Australian alcohol import taxes plus GST included) before being taken off the shelf and replaced by Scotch instead. That was more like July last year or something.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Was at Hakushu distillery last year with a friend visiting from the US and bought Yamazaki LE for Y10,000. Also limited to 1 bottle per person, but 90% of the visitors were Japanese (mostly older folks on a tour) and we were about the only people to buy a bottle. We were so tempted to give money to the Japanese tourists and ask them if they would buy us extra bottles but decided against it... didn't want to be THAT foreigner.
jashsu likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.