Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Reply

Old Mar 18, 19, 4:01 pm
  #1291  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 223
Haha. My bad.

Vancouver international airport has it for sure.

Someone by the name of scotchrekimages on ig just posted that there were plenty, but going fast
BradnerBoy and 7473chad like this.
broncophil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 5:01 pm
  #1292  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 73
Donky Roppongi


daizawaguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:13 pm
  #1293  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
Haha. My bad.

Vancouver international airport has it for sure.

Someone by the name of scotchrekimages on ig just posted that there were plenty, but going fast
If you're driving, the land crossings seem to have the cheapest prices, around $70 USD.

I've seen bottles recently in SFO, LAX, YVR, JFK, SYD, HKG, SIN, and I'm sure they are in a lot more...
7473chad likes this.
invalyd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:24 pm
  #1294  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
Ichiro hyatt maduro.

my niece just stopped by there on my request. Sheís on vacation at that hotel coincidentally. I guess itís not sold out.

Itís a mix of world whiskies. I think I might pass at that price.
The Peninsula also released an exclusive Ichiro bottling this week, limited to 300 bottles. Not sure how much it's going for but saw some people reselling for $2.5k
invalyd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:25 pm
  #1295  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
If you're driving, the land crossings seem to have the cheapest prices, around $70 USD.

I've seen bottles recently in SFO, LAX, YVR, JFK, SYD, HKG, SIN, and I'm sure they are in a lot more...
sorry, what does land crossings mean? i googled and it doesnt show in a duty free context
broncophil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 7:57 pm
  #1296  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by broncophil View Post
sorry, what does land crossings mean? i googled and it doesnt show in a duty free context
It's a duty free shop at the border when crossing by car
invalyd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:09 pm
  #1297  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
It's a duty free shop at the border when crossing by car
ahh thatís what I figured but I got thrown off when you included lax, sfo etc

invalyd likes this.
broncophil is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 9:36 pm
  #1298  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by broncophil View Post


ahh thatís what I figured but I got thrown off when you included lax, sfo etc

​​​​​​
sorry haha, those are just airports ive seen the MS at recently. all that to say it's not super hard to find! and I agree it's a great regular drinker
invalyd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 19, 10:27 pm
  #1299  
formerly staff
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: MPC, KF, BAEC // SPG, WoH, Honors
Posts: 980
Originally Posted by invalyd View Post
HKG, SIN.
How recently was this? From memory I haven't seen any Suntory NAS bottles at HKG or SIN apart from The Chita in at least the past year or so. The 'street price' (as in, any bottle shop in the city) for Hibiki Master's Select is well over 1,000 HKD in Hong Kong.
Kilian Zoll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 1:03 am
  #1300  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: SIN
Programs: SQ QPPS, QR Burgundy, AF Ivory
Posts: 330
I have seen Hibiki and Yamazaki NAS once in the arrivals hall at Changi some time in the past year. Everything was gone in 60 secs.
cowie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 4:14 am
  #1301  
formerly staff
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: MPC, KF, BAEC // SPG, WoH, Honors
Posts: 980
Originally Posted by cowie View Post
I have seen Hibiki and Yamazaki NAS once in the arrivals hall at Changi some time in the past year. Everything was gone in 60 secs.
I don't visit SIN more than about once a month (and never see the bottles any more), but I pass by the duty free at HKG on a weekly basis and haven't seen any Hibiki or Yamazaki NAS since at least a year ago from what I can recall. It's silly really.
Kilian Zoll is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:19 am
  #1302  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 5
How about any recent sightings of the hibiki 17 or Yamazaki 12 mini bottles around Tokyo?
Migue Bolindo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 5:51 am
  #1303  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 73
BIG Ginza - cheapest in town
7473chad and Migue Bolindo like this.
daizawaguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:19 am
  #1304  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by Kilian Zoll View Post
How recently was this? From memory I haven't seen any Suntory NAS bottles at HKG or SIN apart from The Chita in at least the past year or so. The 'street price' (as in, any bottle shop in the city) for Hibiki Master's Select is well over 1,000 HKD in Hong Kong.
This was around December. Quite possible they sell out quickly but they definitely still get stocks.
Kilian Zoll likes this.
invalyd is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 19, 6:22 am
  #1305  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: SFO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75k, Marriott Plat
Posts: 852
Originally Posted by Migue Bolindo View Post
How about any recent sightings of the hibiki 17 or Yamazaki 12 mini bottles around Tokyo?
Yamaya still stocks Y12 minis at •780

Good luck on the H17 minis, Park Hyatt Tokyo minibar seems to be the only place I see them now, still not a terrible deal at •3000 after taxes
7473chad likes this.
invalyd is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread