Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Nice stock at NRT airport these days. My colleague scored 3 bottles of Hibiki 21 LE on his way back home.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 11:37 pm

I’ll be leaving Japan on way to Sydney soon. Any idea of the prices of the 21 year Hibiki?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by daizawaguy
I’ll be leaving Japan on way to Sydney soon. Any idea of the prices of the 21 year Hibiki?
¥50,000. The price hasn’t changed in years.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Nice stock at NRT airport these days. My colleague scored 3 bottles of Hibiki 21 LE on his way back home.
Do you know price? We purposely are flying out of NRT on our way back to the States for this purpose. Hoping ANA F will still have some bottles of Hibiki 17 they can throw our way, too....
Old Oct 11, 2018, 11:49 pm

I guess I am just unlucky... I asked a coworker who flew back couple weeks ago from NRT to look for those and he said they were all sold out...
Old Oct 12, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by jmj10
Do you know price? We purposely are flying out of NRT on our way back to the States for this purpose. Hoping ANA F will still have some bottles of Hibiki 17 they can throw our way, too....
My friend flew ANA F a few weeks ago, sadly the purser insisted H17 minis were for J class only, hope you have better luck!
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
If they have the same at Haneda next month, it'd be hard to pass up. Part of me hopes that they don't . . .
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:59 pm

My friend flew ANA F a few weeks ago, sadly the purser insisted H17 minis were for J class only, hope you have better luck!
I do too! We're also staying at the Park Hyatt and Tokyo Ritz over a two week period, so mini-bar raiding may also be an option... I will certainly report back on both instances in any case.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:05 am

any reasonable place in kyoto? a friend is there right now and hes grabbing for whatever he can find.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by seks
any reasonable place in kyoto? a friend is there right now and hes grabbing for whatever he can find.
have you tried reading the thread? i am guessing not so i'll sum it up for you: your friend isn't going to find anything reasonably priced.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:33 pm

Going to be on the hunt for some Yamazaki NAS. Hoping it will not be too hard to find next week!
Old Oct 17, 2018, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by an1030
Going to be on the hunt for some Yamazaki NAS. Hoping it will not be too hard to find next week!
shouldn't be an issue, Yamaya or Shinanoya will have it for 2-3k
Old Oct 17, 2018, 3:34 pm

Shinanoya haven't had Yamazaki of any type for a year or more (only the Plum liquor they have), I only saw a few bottles at Yamaya behind Ginza 6 for Y4,800, but think they are now gone. Hasegawa have a few bottles as of this week for around Yen 8,800, Don Quixote too around that price. Worth to try Big Mountain 7777 in Ginza, but think they are out of stock. Interesting comments above - think the guidance price is Yen 4,800, and given demand its unlikely to be discounted, quite the opposite, as you see on my prices above.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by daizawaguy
Shinanoya haven't had Yamazaki of any type for a year or more (only the Plum liquor they have), I only saw a few bottles at Yamaya behind Ginza 6 for Y4,800, but think they are now gone. Hasegawa have a few bottles as of this week for around Yen 8,800, Don Quixote too around that price. Worth to try Big Mountain 7777 in Ginza, but think they are out of stock. Interesting comments above - think the guidance price is Yen 4,800, and given demand its unlikely to be discounted, quite the opposite, as you see on my prices above.
Sorry, but you are incorrect. I bought several bottles of Yamazaki 12 (not NAS) at Shinanoya this year for 9k. I've also known people who have purchased Hibiki 17 from them last month, but I guess you would say they haven't had that in stock either??

Secondly, Liquor Mountain 777 is a well known as one of the worst tourist rip off destination, I would never recommend anybody to go there, unless it is for the cheap tastings.
GC93 likes this.

Last edited by invalyd; Oct 17, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Old Oct 19, 2018, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
In Sydney at the moment, the Red Bottle near my hotel is selling Hibiki 17 for $1249 AUD and Nikka12yo for $349 AUD both of which are eye-popping prices. Makes me feel better about the overpriced bottle of H17 I noted upthread from Tokyo last month.
invalyd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.