Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 2:23 am

Unexpectedly saw a few of these. Worth buying?

i know there are two diff "versions". The other one has 17% alc content.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Sure, If you like plum liqour. But it’s not whisky and certainly not rare.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:50 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Several off topic and/or rude posts removed. Please stay on topic and be considerate to your fellow posters.

Regards,
armagebedar
Japan forum moderator
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Any recent sightings in Kansai?
Old Aug 15, 2018, 5:03 pm

I'm even more stoked to be flying ANA 111 in F next month. Thrilled I found this thread. I will cross my fingers that my crew is as awesome as @caliform's was and makes me a similar doggy bag.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by BradnerBoy
I'm even more stoked to be flying ANA 111 in F next month. Thrilled I found this thread. I will cross my fingers that my crew is as awesome as @caliform's was and makes me a similar doggy bag.
I think that will be a challenge sitting in F, but let us know how it goes.
BradnerBoy likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:58 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

May I suggest we dispense with the prohibition of discussing the purchase of Japanese whiskeys abroad? The prices in Japan have become so crazy, and availability so terrible, the only way ”normal” people will be able to enjoy Japanese whiskeys is if we discuss where they can be bought at reasonable prices. And that means buying them abroad. I’m delighted to report that after spending countless hours hunting for Japanese whiskeys in Japan without any success, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission came through for me: Five blocks from my house, I bought two cases of Yamazaki 12 at $90 and four bottles of Yamazaki 18 at $250.
ryandc99, Duke787, invalyd and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by jpdx
May I suggest we dispense with the prohibition of discussing the purchase of Japanese whiskeys abroad? The prices in Japan have become so crazy, and availability so terrible, the only way ”normal” people will be able to enjoy Japanese whiskeys is if we discuss where they can be bought at reasonable prices. And that means buying them abroad. I’m delighted to report that after spending countless hours hunting for Japanese whiskeys in Japan without any success, the Oregon Liquor Control Commission came through for me: Five blocks from my house, I bought two cases of Yamazaki 12 at $90 and four bottles of Yamazaki 18 at $250.
Hear, hear.

Or should I send "here, here" as in send one up here. ;-)
Duke787 and invalyd like this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Five blocks from my house, I bought two cases of Yamazaki 12 at $90 and four bottles of Yamazaki 18 at $250.
Thanks a lot pal! () Went to one of the two stores with inventory remaining in the state. Yes, they do have 3 bottles of Yamazaki 12 but they have a 4-6 month waiting list and limited to a single bottle. Harmony is on the waiting list too, which is ridiculous as it still can be found on the shelf elsewhere.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:17 pm

I know exactly where that store is! I searched that morning on internet and saw the inventory... too bad my friends were not available first thing in the morning to pick up some bottles.... glad you loaded it up! I scored couple bottles of Yamazaki earlier this year in Oregon as well. Wanting more but I guess it was not meant to be!
invalyd likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​You were always out of the country when I found stock previously
Old Aug 22, 2018, 10:10 am

Fake bottles of Hibiki now being sold in Japan, never thought I would see the day.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/georgek.../#3fd8eee83f6b
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:13 pm

Scored 15 bottles of Hibiki 17 mini on Amazon.jp. One seller had a price error and listed it at 2300 yen. Took the chance and they honored that price! They bumped up the price right after I placed the order. Feel lucky here!
ryandc99, Duke787, invalyd and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 11:40 pm

Picked up this few weeks back! Ordered another bottle since they are getting harder to find. Probably the cheapest 27 yr old Japanese whisky nowadays...
invalyd likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:32 am

Nikka 12 year for Ą5929 (including tax) at a supermarket in Shimo-Kitazawa today. Saw it at the Donkey in a Shibuya last night for something like $150 USD. Ridiculous.

Absolutely no success finding any Hibiki no age statement anywhere. Hibiki 17 was $500 USD at the Shibuya donkey and that was the only place I was able to find it. Did not buy. .... that.

Here’s the Nikka:

imgur.com/VZWzMSs.jpg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.