Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2017, 7:27 am

Yamazaki Limited 2017

Any idea when the new Yamazaki 2017 Limited Edition will be released?
Old May 19, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Has anyone been to the Nikka Yoichi Distillery lately? If so, can you get any special bottles that are hard to find elsewhere or better prices? I'll be hunting around Sapporo if there are any suggestions - I'll post back my findings.
Old May 19, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by davedimes
Has anyone been to the Nikka Yoichi Distillery lately? If so, can you get any special bottles that are hard to find elsewhere or better prices? I'll be hunting around Sapporo if there are any suggestions - I'll post back my findings.
I was there a 2-3 weeks ago (22/04) The Nikka 12 was cheaper in the supermarket close to the rail station.

From memory we got a bottle of Nikka Yoichi 2000's for 6480yen. Other than that there wasn't much else we felt like we needed to buy.

I would recommend the paid tasting bar. They had some very good whisky's there that are no longer available to purchase.

Matt
Old May 19, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Plat, HH
Originally Posted by MHendo84
I was there a 2-3 weeks ago (22/04) The Nikka 12 was cheaper in the supermarket close to the rail station.

From memory we got a bottle of Nikka Yoichi 2000's for 6480yen. Other than that there wasn't much else we felt like we needed to buy.

I would recommend the paid tasting bar. They had some very good whisky's there that are no longer available to purchase.

Matt
Thanks Matt!
Old May 21, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: United MP 1K, SPG Gold
I just picked up Hibiki 17 in a local store in a small town in Japan for 10000 JPY. extremely excited!
Old May 25, 2017, 9:30 pm

I was at the Yamazaki Distillery and they were selling the 2017 limited edition Yamazaki for 10800.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
Originally Posted by Evident
I just picked up Hibiki 17 in a local store in a small town in Japan for 10000 JPY. extremely excited!
Bargain!

Do you happen to know the name of the town just for reference?
Old May 30, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Found some Hakushu 12 for $81 at a grocery store called Pavilions in Newport Beach, CA. Same price at Spec's in Houston, TX.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ralphs
Found some Hakushu 12 for $81 at a grocery store called Pavilions in Newport Beach, CA. Same price at Spec's in Houston, TX.
Widely available, and not that great a deal (Costco has it for $68).
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by invalyd
Thanks for the info. I went to 10 Los Angeles area Costcos and could not find Hakushu 12.
Los Angeles (Los Feliz)
Norwalk
Torrance
Signal Hill
Cypress
Fountain Valley
Huntington Beach
Irvine
Tustin II
Tustin I
Old Jun 2, 2017, 5:21 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. On a scale ranging from "widely available" to "impossible to find," Hakushu 12 is much closer to the "impossible to find" end than the "widely available" end: I'd place it in the "hard to find" range (Grey Goose is "widely available"). I'd agree that it's easier to find than other Japanese product with age statement, though.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by jpdx
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. On a scale ranging from "widely available" to "impossible to find," Hakushu 12 is much closer to the "impossible to find" end than the "widely available" end: I'd place it in the "hard to find" range (Grey Goose is "widely available"). I'd agree that it's easier to find than other Japanese product with age statement, though.
I agree. And splitting hairs over 13 bucks. Please. Under 100 for this is a deal.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mkjr
I agree. And splitting hairs over 13 bucks. Please. Under 100 for this is a deal.
There's at least 5 stores within a mile of me here in downtown SF who have Hakushu available for under $100, so I would consider it widely available. It is one of the easiest age statement J-whiskeys to find imo.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: FT
There's at least 5 stores within a mile of me here in downtown SF who have Hakushu available for under $100, so I would consider it widely available. It is one of the easiest age statement J-whiskeys to find imo.
you know what they say about opinions.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:02 pm

Nikka Distillery

Originally Posted by MHendo84

Matt
I had visited the distillery on 31 May, all NAS........ but had a great time there.

Besides bought the Yamazaki 18 LE for 50000 Yen at Narita. Was trying my luck for Yamazaki 2017 Limited Edition but had been told it wasnt available in Narita Airport.

Jc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.