Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 2:29 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by Jigen666
You could try the W. Shop in Osaka (That's Suntory's official shop there).
this closed on March 31, 2016. they had it for sample though...
Old May 5, 2016, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by danam
....but they used to have a bottle available for tastings before they closed the store permanently at the end of march....!
fixed it for you...
Old May 12, 2016, 12:50 pm

SF Costco currently (Tuesday eve) has a bunch of Hibiki Harmony for around $59. There were 16 or so bottles, maybe more cases underneath.
Old May 15, 2016, 7:59 am

In Tokyo for a few days, where should I check out Shinanoya? Which Donkis have the best chances of having something rare? Looking for a Hibiki 17 probably as that's still affordable as long as it's not marked up like crazy.
Old May 15, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by dmo580
In Tokyo for a few days, where should I check out Shinanoya? Which Donkis have the best chances of having something rare? Looking for a Hibiki 17 probably as that's still affordable as long as it's not marked up like crazy.
I was in the Donki in Shimbashi yesterday. Nothing interesting, no Hibiki.

I went to a half dozen stores in the Ginza yesterday and couldn't even find Hibiki NAS.

Hibiki 17 runs $200 at Narita duty free.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77
I was in the Donki in Shimbashi yesterday. Nothing interesting, no Hibiki.

I went to a half dozen stores in the Ginza yesterday and couldn't even find Hibiki NAS.

Hibiki 17 runs $200 at Narita duty free.
Wow I'm surprised no NAS.... that stuff should be easy to find! I saw it in Isetan yesterday for 5600.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Wow I'm surprised no NAS.... that stuff should be easy to find! I saw it in Isetan yesterday for 5600.
I was surprised too. I wound up bringing home a few bottles of Nikka From The Barrel for friends, which should at least have some novelty value since it isn't available in the US.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:07 pm

At least a few weeks back, I found stock of Hibiki 17 at multiple Donki locations (Asakusa, Shinjuku, Ginza and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head).

They were selling for 11,900 JPY + tax.
Old May 15, 2016, 10:37 pm

Found Hibiki 17... Hasegawa is charging 16,800

Edit: Meidi-Ya in Kyobashi has mini bottles of 17. Meidi-Ya in Roppongi has Yamizaki 12 for 8,500. No luck at the 4 Donkis I was able to hit up.

Last edited by Wise-Broccoli8301; May 16, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Old May 20, 2016, 12:01 am

Buy Japanese whisky @ Kyoto/Osaka

Hihi.. Good day everyone. I m a new babe here ��

I m going to Kyoto via Osaka end next week for a short holiday with my girl friend. I m very keen to get a bottle or 2 Japanese whisky for my hubby who is a whisky lover. I wanna give it as a "surprise gift" to him. He loves Yamazaki & Hibiki as I know.

Can anyone share some view/info or advise me where can I get Yamazaki 12 or 18? Hibiki 12 or 17? Any other good Japanese whisky can be recommended can be bought @ Kyoto or Osaka ? From duty paid or duty free store?

Thank you in advance! ❤️����

Dee ��
Old May 20, 2016, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by DeeOSpirit
Hihi.. Good day everyone. I m a new babe here ��

I m going to Kyoto via Osaka end next week for a short holiday with my girl friend. I m very keen to get a bottle or 2 Japanese whisky for my hubby who is a whisky lover. I wanna give it as a "surprise gift" to him. He loves Yamazaki & Hibiki as I know.

Can anyone share some view/info or advise me where can I get Yamazaki 12 or 18? Hibiki 12 or 17? Any other good Japanese whisky can be recommended can be bought @ Kyoto or Osaka ? From duty paid or duty free store?

Thank you in advance! ❤️����

Dee ��
How much are you willing to spend for those ones. They are available but the prices have increased dramatically.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Any new leads on Hibiki 21 or Yamazaki 18?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 1:16 am

Programs: AA, BA, WN, HH, CC, MR
Originally Posted by tng11
At least a few weeks back, I found stock of Hibiki 17 at multiple Donki locations (Asakusa, Shinjuku, Ginza and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head).

They were selling for 11,900 JPY + tax.
I checked the Asakusa and Akihabara Donki locations multiple times between May 14-17 and wasn't able to find the Hibiki 17. On a positive note, I did buy a bottle of Kavalan Solist Cherry cask for around $88 USD duty free on a flight from Hong Kong
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Fukuoka Treasure Hunt!

Folks,

Just back from Fukuoka and happy to report I have the most fruitful trip ever from a whiskey hunting perspective.

I visited Daimaru and Mitshikoshi liquor section and nothing is available for aged bottles. I cant remember if they have NAS but i did not bothered to note it down.

Off I went to BIC Camera but I went to the wrong one and it does not have liquor section so I went to the one that is underneath the subway tracks.

Firstly I went to the open shelves and I saw a range of Yamazaki, Hibiki and Hakashu including 12 years series. That is nice!

Then I turn over to my side and noticed a locked glass cabinet and my jaw nearly dropped there and then.

In that glass cabinet, there is the hibiki 17 (Y11800), yamazaki limited 2016 (Y9980) (non-sherry version) and the yamazaki 18 (Y24800) !!

Without hesitation and fearing more buyers coming, i signal to the store clerk to take them all out and will pay in a jiffy LOL

Guess what ? I got them all at tax free prices!!!!!

This is pure 100% luck and I guess the yamazaki 18 was probably only sitting there for 1-2 hrs at most.

Then I went to Don Quijote and they have half a dozen of Yama 12 and Hibiki 17 on their shelves too.

Pics below

Don Quijote shelf

BIC Camera

Good Luck!
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:35 am

Nice score! Great price for the limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.