Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2022, 12:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by james21_h
Yeah going with non-drinkers is the best!! Maybe not! I remember having 9 different drinks last time I was at Hakushu it kinda tired me out in the end haha.
Mars Shinshu is where you wanna go next? I went last year but they closed down the tasting room a weekend before I went due to state of emergency.... A lovely distillery and a great location. Have fun!
Turns out Mars was closed due to Covid. Frustrating since the previous week they had been open.
Hakushu tour was great, and I got 9 tasters thanks to my wife and son. Unfortunately, all the Hakushu Gentei and Hakushu 700ml bottles were sold out by the time we got there (2pm). They did have the small bottle, but in a set paired with a glass I didn't want.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
Turns out Mars was closed due to Covid. Frustrating since the previous week they had been open.
Hakushu tour was great, and I got 9 tasters thanks to my wife and son. Unfortunately, all the Hakushu Gentei and Hakushu 700ml bottles were sold out by the time we got there (2pm). They did have the small bottle, but in a set paired with a glass I didn't want.
Sorry to hear about Mars being closed due to Covid... I was pretty sad when I found out they just shut down the tasting room upon arrival.
I can't believe Hakushu sold out their NAS and Distillery limited bottle. We got there like 1330 and they had plenty back in June.
At least you got to taste some great whiskies at Hakushu. Love the tasting selections and their tour!
JapanFlyerT likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Scored two Yamazaki 18s at NRT T1 today, around 15:00. All stores had their sold out signs up, but asked a sales person and they said they had Yamazaki 18 and Hakushu 18 available. No Hibiki 21. Two of the three duty free shops had bottles. One of the FaSoLa shops had receipts of all purchases taped behind the counter and was checking to make sure I hadn't bought one earlier. I saw about 12 receipts, so they're out there. I was in NRT three weeks ago and had no luck.

THECLIPPERS and miuk like this.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 2:42 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by groovbusta
Scored two Yamazaki 18s at NRT T1 today, around 15:00. All stores had their sold out signs up, but asked a sales person and they said they had Yamazaki 18 and Hakushu 18 available. No Hibiki 21. Two of the three duty free shops had bottles. One of the FaSoLa shops had receipts of all purchases taped behind the counter and was checking to make sure I hadn't bought one earlier. I saw about 12 receipts, so they're out there. I was in NRT three weeks ago and had no luck.

Nice score!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 12:31 am

Terminal 1 NRT today, around 250pm. Managed to get a Yama18.
Only other thing of interest was the Harmony Select.
Attached Images   
THECLIPPERS likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Prices overseas still continuing to rise, but seems like the supply is more frequent. $150 for Yamazaki 12 now and $550 for the 18.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 8:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Diamond

Plenty of options today at NRT T2.
FlyerBeek, THECLIPPERS and Topcare like this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 2:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Slim pickings at NRT T1 last night. No Yamazaki or Hibiki to be found.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 4, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Slim pickings at NRT T1 last night. No Yamazaki or Hibiki to be found.

-FlyerBeek
I don't think you will have much luck on evening flights. I've had 6 flights this year in the evening and haven't had any luck.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 9:28 pm

For what is is worth, DFS Naha didn't even have booze on the ANA side. Apparently the JAL side has some alcohol, but I didn't have time to see what it was. My guess would be awamori/shochu.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Tokyo where one can buy canned Suntory Highballs (specifically the 7% variety) by the case? My understanding is that Japanese people tend to purchase alcohol one can at a time from convenience stores, so I haven't been able to find any shops (in my search of the English-language Internet) that look like they would sell these by the caseload to walk-in customers. Hoping to buy a few cases to bring back in my checked bags since there is nobody (that I know of) who sells them anywhere in North America.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows of a place in Tokyo where one can buy canned Suntory Highballs (specifically the 7% variety) by the case? My understanding is that Japanese people tend to purchase alcohol one can at a time from convenience stores, so I haven't been able to find any shops (in my search of the English-language Internet) that look like they would sell these by the caseload to walk-in customers. Hoping to buy a few cases to bring back in my checked bags since there is nobody (that I know of) who sells them anywhere in North America.
​​​​​​
Most supermarkets.....
Old Sep 6, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
Most supermarkets.....
Oh, that's awesome then. Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Amazon.co.jp (free shipping too)
rustykettel likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:32 pm

perusing this thread it seems like most the finds are at NRT, i'll be flying into NRT but out of HND so i'm sure that negates any on arrival options

there any chance of success at HND?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.