Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by james21_h
Those are 15ml so still quite more than I kinda want to pay. My local bar charges Y3700 for a shot (30ml) of Hibiki 21.
I agree for half pour not such a great deal. There are other great whisky bars within walking distance in Ginza.
Topcare likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Topcare
sorry but just over a year is not quite a while. https://ginza6.tokyo/news/133031
Certainly not a new place. I would still say it has been around quite a while, but we can then debate the semantics of that....
​​​​​
JapanFlyerT likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Certainly not a new place. I would still say it has been around quite a while, but we can then debate the semantics of that....
​​​​​
Whatever
daizawaguy likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Those are 15ml so still quite more than I kinda want to pay. My local bar charges Y3700 for a shot (30ml) of Hibiki 21.
speaking of paying lower prices, I’m looking forward to my visit to Hakushu later this month. I’ll be with two non-drinkers so plenty of tastings for me!

I am also planning on hitting Mars Iwai. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as the tasting room? Can’t find much online.
james21_h likes this.

Last edited by JapanFlyerT; Aug 3, 2022 at 6:44 pm
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
speaking of paying lower prices, I’m looking forward to my visit to Hakushu later this month. I’ll be with two non-drinkers so plenty of tastings for me!

I am also planning on hitting Mars Iwai. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as the tasting room? Can’t find much online.
Yeah going with non-drinkers is the best!! Maybe not! I remember having 9 different drinks last time I was at Hakushu it kinda tired me out in the end haha.
Mars Shinshu is where you wanna go next? I went last year but they closed down the tasting room a weekend before I went due to state of emergency.... A lovely distillery and a great location. Have fun!
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Yeah going with non-drinkers is the best!! Maybe not! I remember having 9 different drinks last time I was at Hakushu it kinda tired me out in the end haha.
Mars Shinshu is where you wanna go next? I went last year but they closed down the tasting room a weekend before I went due to state of emergency.... A lovely distillery and a great location. Have fun!
Mars Shinshu is on the way up to Nagano, the return via Fuji takes us past Hakushu.

Not sure if I will manage the 9x15ml since two of us are doing the tour beforehand and will have tasters with that as well. At Ą200_pour it will be hard to say no though.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Scored a Yama-18 bottle ...
lcpteck and Topcare like this.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Saw Nikka 2021 Discovery (peated Miyagikyo & non peated Yoichi) at All Star Liquor on the California border today, but passed it up based on the pricing for the others that I'm more familiar with. Probably missed an opportunity. Oh well.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Here are some of the whiskeys I saw for sale today while walking around Ginza

Old Aug 10, 2022, 9:48 am

Nice picks. I feel bad that I occasionally drink some my 18 year yoichi haha. :-) but more so when I look at what the aged statement Miyagikyo and Yoichi only cost. I love how the 2016 Yamazaki is an old bottle.
THECLIPPERS likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 9:15 am

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
No luck at Haneda on August 15, 2022 at 3:00 PM flying JAL but the flight was a success and I also picked up 5 bottles of Mori Izou onboard.

This was available but I didn’t buy it.

At the store across from gate 109

First drink of the flight!

I lost count by the time I was drinking all of these

2nd drink of the flight
miuk likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:11 am

Was the JAL Ichiros whisky available on board?

Pretty sad they are still serving a $100 whisky in first class compared to ANA who serves H21.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 10:13 am

Programs: JAL JGC Premier, UA Gold
Originally Posted by invalyd

Pretty sad they are still serving a $100 whisky in first class compared to ANA who serves H21.
True but that Salon 07 goes a long way in making up for that…
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by vindor
True but that Salon 07 goes a long way in making up for that…
But this is the whisky thread
I'll leave the fancy champagne for the bloggers.

Personally If I'm flying F I don't want to be served the same low end whisky that's sitting at my home bar for a Tuesday night.

9yr exclusive Chichibu bottle seemed very promising. I guess they are not yet serving it or perhaps just on select routes.
Old Aug 17, 2022, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd

I don’t remember seeing Ichiros whisky.

Hibiki 17 on the LAX route which I have done 8 times this year.

I love this wine from Kenzo! Hibiki 17 little bottles on the LAX route. And of course my Asahi to wash it all down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.