Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
Originally Posted by invalyd
and they all taste like crap. I've yet to find a new Nikka release I enjoyed since the Nikka 12.

Meanwhile in Japan, looks like new Yamazaki releases have hit the market and the 5 bottle set is already going on auction for $6000+
+1. I definitely regret not buying more bottles of the Nikka 12 back when it was still easy to find.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 6:19 pm

I thought I would have a good chance winning.... not after seeing that many people lined up... oh well we will see!
invalyd and Miana like this.
Old Nov 8, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I saw Jack Daniels on sale at Tokyu today.
Mizunara likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Anyone tried the new Chichibu "First Ten" bottling yet? Seems to be making appearances around the Japanese bars already.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: mvp75k, DL-0body
Translate with the price for each, please, I know I can not afford it, may have well dream !!!

Originally Posted by james21

_h;32801498

I thought I would have a good chance winning.... not after seeing that many people lined up... oh well we will see!
Old Nov 17, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Goodness, wish I was in Japan right now being 1st in the queue..... Drinking in Singapore is expensive.....
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by ccna101
Translate with the price for each, please, I know I can not afford it, may have well dream !!!
The numbers in the red circle next to the bottles mean how many they have each for the lottery. The price for each is under the picture of the bottle. This is a lottery for a BIC Camera store in Tokyo and about 1000+ people showed up in line. Each person could only enter once and pick only one bottle to enter. The line is for getting a number card and to chose what bottle you want to enter. They drew the winning numbers later in the morning and I did not win. The chances were just too little...
ccna101 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by invalyd
Just the calm before the storm. 5 new Yamazaki expressions are set to be releasing next month for the Japanese domestic market including a new Mizunara NAS release.
Just popped up for me:

My Japanese is very poor but nevertheless was an enjoyable 45 minutes of these five.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:11 am

Hakushu NAS at Yamaya in Daimon (Tokyo)

Just passed by the Yamaya in Daimon, which had several bottles of Hakushu NAS for 5800 yen plus tax. Yamaya always struck me as a place that charges retail for Japanese whisky, so does anyone know if there’s been any recent price hikes for the Suntory NAS brands?
Old Dec 14, 2020, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by PastisDetox
Just passed by the Yamaya in Daimon, which had several bottles of Hakushu NAS for 5800 yen plus tax. Yamaya always struck me as a place that charges retail for Japanese whisky, so does anyone know if there’s been any recent price hikes for the Suntory NAS brands?
I just found Yamazaki NAS for 4200 (not at Yamaya) as recently As last week, so I hope Yamaya has just decided to get their fair share and it’s not the new MSRP. Although the price has creeped up on Mercari quite a bit in the past few weeks so could that be why..?
Old Dec 15, 2020, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by PastisDetox
I have been buying Yamazaki NAS for 4200 yen before tax as well for the last couple months at local Aeon liquor. It is possible that they are increasing the price again!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by james21_h
I have been buying Yamazaki NAS for 4200 yen before tax as well for the last couple months at local Aeon liquor. It is possible that they are increasing the price again!
I was surprised by the 4980 price I saw at AEON a few days ago for the Suntory NAS Bottles. About 12000 for BC. I have enough stocked up for now so I gave it a pass because I’m still finding it at other various supermarkets now and then for 4200. Have not seen much Suntory at Yamaya in my area recently but sure hope they don’t go the way of Liquor Mountain and start jacking up the prices.

Anyways, there seems to be an uptick of bottles on the shelves around the holidays so happy hunting guys!
invalyd likes this.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 7:43 am

and 2 Tsunuki The First at Y11,000 ea (MSRP). I ordered them through couple online stores.
Have you cracked one? Have a hard time believing the 90 it's currently averaging on whiskybase.

Akkeshi is putting out their first full size bottling but at a high price of Y16,500.... it's a hard pass for me...
Still better than buying the Sarorunkamuy for $100/200ml in the states. And I thought that bottle wasn't too bad. It's like a mixture of all four Foundations. Score about mid-80s.
groovbusta, invalyd and Mizunara like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 6:57 am

[QUOTE=jashsu;32892403]Have you cracked one? Have a hard time believing the 90 it's currently averaging on whiskybase.

Just opened one for the Christmas! It's pretty hot but packs with flavors for sure. Added a little water making it more fruity. To me it's a very good young whisky! I would probably rate it 87-88. I expect it to be better at half way point! I'm really into Mars Komagatake right now. They are producing some awesome young whiskies lately!
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:39 pm

Just opened one for the Christmas! It's pretty hot but packs with flavors for sure. Added a little water making it more fruity. To me it's a very good young whisky! I would probably rate it 87-88. I expect it to be better at half way point! I'm really into Mars Komagatake right now. They are producing some awesome young whiskies lately!
I've heard good things about the Komagatake Limited Edition 2020.
groovbusta and invalyd like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.