Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by daizawaguy
Sokuhai

Can't believe the markups they put on..... more than 2x msrp…
invalyd likes this.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:06 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Came across an interesting piece on Japanese whiskies that might be of interest to others. It's a bit too close to home in places, right down to looking at the current inventory of Yamasaki 18 on the state liquor search website and considering if it's worth it. I would never consider booking a ticket just to load up on domestic only whiskies....

https://longreads.com/2019/10/29/jap...hisky-regrets/
Miana likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Came across an interesting piece on Japanese whiskies that might be of interest to others. It's a bit too close to home in places, right down to looking at the current inventory of Yamasaki 18 on the state liquor search website and considering if it's worth it. I would never consider booking a ticket just to load up on domestic only whiskies....

https://longreads.com/2019/10/29/jap...hisky-regrets/
that was a great read, thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 7:19 am

Father’s Day 2020

Everyone geared up for a weekend of higher than usual chance of scoring something delicious? Even the bartender at the local Aeon’s bar that sits across from the liquor shop said to check on Sunday There’s a good chance I’ll find something from Yamazaki.
invalyd, Mizunara and AndyYamazaki like this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Miana
Everyone geared up for a weekend of higher than usual chance of scoring something delicious? Even the bartender at the local Aeon’s bar that sits across from the liquor shop said to check on Sunday There’s a good chance I’ll find something from Yamazaki.
👍🏻Thanks! Will check AEON liquor on Sunday. Been keeping an extra careful eye out as Father’s day approaches. Just today I found that my local Daimaru department store has its lottery going again, Yamazaki 12 being the top prize for me. Price has increased a bit though. Also a steady flow of Minis.
Many 7-11 and Lawson’s convenience stores have been restocked with Yamazaki and Hakushu NAS 180ml but it’s vanishing as fast as usual!

A Hibiki 17 popped up at a small local shop for 36000.... 🤔

Been hunting for a new or old Taketsuru but haven’t seen any in what feels like 10 years, but that was in 2020 so I guess it’s only been about 6 months! 🙄
invalyd likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 6:36 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club, ANA Super Flyers
Thanks for the heads up! Another good reason to get out this weekend. However, my annual physical is Monday morning though, so any tasting may have to wait...
Old Jun 5, 2020, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Mizunara
Thanks for the heads up! Another good reason to get out this weekend. However, my annual physical is Monday morning though, so any tasting may have to wait...
You know this is conventional wisdom, but a doctor friend of mine advises you just go about your daily life - even drink as you would normally - as if not, you are really cheating yourself - you really want to get results either in a normal condition, or even stressed conditions....think about it - makes sense right?
invalyd, Mizunara and Miana like this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 5:19 am

😞

Not all AEONs are created equal maybe. Checked this morning but nothing at my local AEON Liquor. Seen posts onTwitter confirming there’s more than usual around this time of the year though so happy hunting!
Old Jun 7, 2020, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by AndyYamazaki
Not all AEONs are created equal maybe. Checked this morning but nothing at my local AEON Liquor. Seen posts onTwitter confirming there’s more than usual around this time of the year though so happy hunting!
Wow. So I totally thought this weekend was Father’s Day which it wasn’t! I really hope that my post didn’t make you go too far out of your way! I can confirm that June 21st will be Father’s Day!! 😓
AndyYamazaki likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 6:58 pm

Wow. So I totally thought this weekend was Father’s Day which it wasn’t! I really hope that my post didn’t make you go too far out of your way! I can confirm that June 21st will be Father’s Day!! 😓
Haha. No worries! It’s just down the street from me. But thanks again for the tip. Will check on Father’s Day!
Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:22 pm

Nothing rare but still a very good deal and semi hard to find. Found them in cases at our local Costco here in Kanagawa Japan.

Old Jun 9, 2020, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by james21_h
Nothing rare but still a very good deal and semi hard to find. Found them in cases at our local Costco here in Kanagawa Japan.

That’s definitely a good buy. It’s been hard to find the past few months.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Killing me. $73/750ml bottle here and allotment has been 6 bottles each for a limited number of state liquor stores. What isn't kept aside for favored customers gets snapped up quickly.
Yea ever since they won the whisky of the year on some magazine the demand has gone up crazy.... For $20 (500ml) it remains the best bang for the buck you can get for Japanese whisky (Nikka 12, Taketsuru NAS, and Nikka Date used to be my go to for cheap/good Japanese whiskies). Who knows, the price on these Nikka STFB might go up soon...

Another positive news, I was able to score a bottle of Mars Tsunuki The First at Y11,000 and Mars Yogashima 2020 at Y9,000 from Mars Shop website. Went to local AEON liquor and they had some Nikka Miyagikyo and Akashi Sake Cask at MSRP.
rustykettel, Mizunara and Miana like this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:21 am

7-11!!

Miana likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2020, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by daizawaguy
7-11!!

wow!! I can hardly believe my eyes lol. I never even saw the old version in convenient stores, and this one is supposed to be limited in how many bottles are produced each year!
AndyYamazaki likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.