Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2019, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: armagebedar
This thread is about where to find whiskey in Japan. Extended discussion about where to find Japanese whiskey elsewhere is off topic and will be removed.

Per FlyerTalk rule 10, nothing may be bought, sold, or traded on this forum:

FlyerTalk is not a marketplace and nothing may be offered for sale or barter. The exception to this rule is those items in the Coupon Connection (C.C.) Forum, which is governed by specific posting rules, and access to which is granted once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Buy Whiskey in Japan" thread (was: Haneda/Narita Duty Free Whiskey)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kevin0413
Hi,
I have a friend is current vacation in Japan and will come back to US on Oct 3th. What should i ask him to bring some back from the airport ? Any one has a status of what stock at the airport ? Thanks
Airport stock changes by the hour so nobody here can answer your question accurately. Also, Oct 3rd has long passed.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Hi,
I have a friend is current vacation in Japan and will come back to US on Oct 3th. What should i ask him to bring some back from the airport ? Any one has a status of what stock at the airport ? Thanks
Im assuming your friend won’t be buying $500+ bottles... so id go with Nikka 12 and the “Samurai Whiskey” - Nikka G&G. These are the most popular and easiest to find. Nikka 12 should be 5400 yen and the Samurai is similar.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by invalyd
Airport stock changes by the hour so nobody here can answer your question accurately. Also, Oct 3rd has long passed.
I mean Oct 30th
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Premier, UA Gold
Two of those shops had lots of the Nikka Samurai over the weekend. Kitschy package but really good whisky for ¥5,000
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Im assuming your friend won’t be buying $500+ bottles... so id go with Nikka 12 and the “Samurai Whiskey” - Nikka G&G. These are the most popular and easiest to find. Nikka 12 should be 5400 yen and the Samurai is similar.
I will pay him back so it is just depend on how much i want to spend. I want to collect some rare stuff. I already asked him keep an eye on Yama 18, Hakushu 18 or Hibiki 21. What i really really want if he can enter the raffle for a Yama or Hakushu 25 limited.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 9:39 pm

I will pay him back so it is just depend on how much i want to spend. I want to collect some rare stuff. I already asked him keep an eye on Yama 18, Hakushu 18 or Hibiki 21. What i really really want if he can enter the raffle for a Yama or Hakushu 25 limited.
The next lottery event is on Nov 6. He may find one of the 50k bottles, it really just comes down to luck.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:13 pm

Essence of Suntory V3 is released today in Japan for bar/restaurant sale. Only 2 bottles this time aged in cedar casks and NAS.

Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:21 pm

Essence of Suntory V3 is released today in Japan for bar/restaurant sale. Only 2 bottles this time aged in cedar casks and NAS.
Is it really released today? Whisky Richard's post about it seems to suggest its an Amazon jp leak and the announcement is still in months.

Edit: not seeing it in the list of new domestic whiskys on liquors-online either.

Last edited by jashsu; Oct 28, 2019 at 11:31 pm
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:58 am

The next lottery event is on Nov 6. He may find one of the 50k bottles, it really just comes down to luck.
Is this lottery event held at the airport or online? Where can i find more information on these events?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by jashsu
Is it really released today? Whisky Richard's post about it seems to suggest its an Amazon jp leak and the announcement is still in months.

Edit: not seeing it in the list of new domestic whiskys on liquors-online either.
Yes, my friend has already secured a set and there's many up for sale on auction.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by cruk
Is this lottery event held at the airport or online? Where can i find more information on these events?
There are some posts about them a few pages back in this thread.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 2:56 pm

Yes, my friend has already secured a set and there's many up for sale on auction.
Nice. Tasted it yet?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by jashsu
Nice. Tasted it yet?
Not yet, will try it out in Tokyo in few weeks but I am not optimistic. Cedar cask and NAS sounds like a step down from the excellent Yamazaki release from earlier this year. At this point Suntory could release anything and it will sell out.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 3:33 pm

Not yet, will try it out in Tokyo in few weeks but I am not optimistic. Cedar cask and NAS sounds like a step down from the excellent Yamazaki release from earlier this year. At this point Suntory could release anything and it will sell out.
Sounds about right. TBH last year's Essence series, while interesting, isn't necessarily something i'd want to drink often. Now that it's also NAS... eeehh..
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: JAL JGC Premier, UA Gold
All this talk about a Japanese whisky lottery intrigued me. Here's link to the event on Nov 6. I'm going for sure, heading over Friday for a week and have a lunch meeting in Ginza and this starts at 10:30 from the looks of it. https://japandutyfree-ginza.jp/en/ev.../20191106.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.