Wiki Posts
Search

Guided tour?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Guided tour?

I have my eyes on Japan for next Feb/March and I was wondering whether there's a good value ~week long guided tour. I have navigated many parts of the world by myself but Japan, I don't even want to try. (I will get to Tokyo on my own.)
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:59 pm

Why not? It's not that difficult...
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: UA, NW
Japan is a First World country, and even if the people are reluctant to speak English, they are very hospitable to visitors, and most of the signs you need to read are bilingual, English-Japanese, and sometimes quadrilingual, with Chinese and Korean as well. You can drink the water and eat the food and sleep on clean bedding and have little to fear from criminals, but at the same time, you can explore a culture that is modern but not Western. The train system is one of the best in the world and takes you everywhere you are likely to want to go

Buy a guidebook and read up on Japan.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
If you have flexibility, shoot for late March/early April for much better scenic value. If not, March will still be nice.

I agree with the above. Japan is by far the easiest, most tourist accessible place I've been anywhere in the world with the exception of limited spoken English in some areas.

If you still want guided tours, check out Sunrise Tours.

http://www.jtb-sunrisetours.jp/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.