Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Japan Baseball tickets

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by mxqisit
Orix.
They are much less popular than Hanshin Tigers and I personally doubt they will sell out this game but it is the penultimate game of the year, so I will leave that judgement call to those on the ground.

As for the website, it's not terribly difficult to click through to purchase tickets but my worry is that they will not accept non-Japan based cards. Obviously, I don't want to try with my credit card but for these sorts of things. When prompted for contact information, I've found that putting in the hotel's address and contact information usually works, ie when I did the JAL hangar tour earlier this year but I don't know if that would be sufficient when charging a credit card (the JAL hangar tour was free).

Last edited by kevincrumbs; Sep 5, 2018 at 5:48 pm Reason: Grammar
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
They are much less popular than Hanshin Tigers and I personally doubt they will sell out this game but it is the penultimate game of the year, so I will leave that judgement call to those on the ground.

As for the website, it's not terribly difficult to click through to purchase tickets but my worry is that they will not accept non-Japan based cards. Obviously, I don't want to try with my credit card but for these sorts of things. When prompted for contact information, I've found that putting in the hotel's address and contact information usually works, ie when I did the JAL hangar tour earlier this year but I don't know if that would be sufficient when charging a credit card (the JAL hangar tour was free).
I was able to buy Orix tickets in advance a year ago without a japanese credit card or home address. I am confident it can be done. I'll poke at this when I don't have a headache.
@mxqisit - do you have access to a browser with built in translation? I have found that using the Japanese language site is usually a lot more productive.

edit to add: I checked my email and I bought my ticket from cnplayguide:

http://www.cnplayguide.com/keyword/k...?KeyCode=10436

Last edited by angra; Sep 5, 2018 at 6:32 pm Reason: add info
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by angra
I was able to buy Orix tickets in advance a year ago without a japanese credit card or home address.
I had no trouble using my American credit card to buy tickets on the team website a few years back, processed via cnplayguide.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:56 pm

For the Nippon/Japan series starting Oct 27th, it's the Hiroshima Carp vs. the Lions/Hawks. Does anyone know if the Carp will be the home team? The first two games Oct 27th and Oct 28th will be in Hiroshima? That's what I've been able to guess from the Lawson site, but any other help would be appreciated.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by sdfamily
For the Nippon/Japan series starting Oct 27th, it's the Hiroshima Carp vs. the Lions/Hawks. Does anyone know if the Carp will be the home team? The first two games Oct 27th and Oct 28th will be in Hiroshima? That's what I've been able to guess from the Lawson site, but any other help would be appreciated.
I was not able to find any primary sources, but Wikipedia says that Central league gets home field in even numbered years, which would corroborate your Lawson-based findings.

Sorry to not be more definitive, but I wanted to send findings so far rather asap.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 8:14 am

aha, found something a bit more definitive:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/...-lions-game-4/

3rd P:
The winner here will face the Central League’s Hiroshima Carp in the Japan Series, starting next Saturday in Hiroshima.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:23 am

Thank you so much. Just trying to finalize my flights and hoping to try and snag some tickets. There were tickets available on StubHub and ViaGoGo for the Climax Series games, so I'm hoping the same will happen again. I tried to register on the Lawson site for the lottery, but couldn't get past the phone number. Will also ask hotel concierge to see if they can secure some.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: NH Plat
Originally Posted by sdfamily
Hiroshima are home team on Oct 27th, Oct 28th, Nov 3rd, Nov 4th
Pa league winner home on 30th, 31st, 1st
Old Dec 3, 2018, 2:13 am

crazy J-League action

What a crazy way to close out the J1 season!

There're 18 J1 teams. Top 15 teams remain in J1 the following year. On the last match day, Jubilo Iwata was 30sec away from finishing the season in 12th place. Instead they score an own goal at the absolute last moment, which sees them tumble all the way down to 16th place and now has to go to relegation playoff. Jubilo are 10 wins & 13 losses for the year (11 draws), but even that still puts them in bottom 3 for crying out loud. Meanwhile you had Nagoya Grampus which were at the bottom of the table for much of the first half of the season, then pulled off 7 wins in a row to climb up to like 10th, then lost 6 out of the next 8, drew the last match and were convinced they were going to the relegation playoff... until the Jubilo disaster miraculously saved them. 5 teams from 12th-16th place all tied at 41 points. Just a fun, crazy season. Sorry, wrong sport.
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: NH*G, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by evergrn
What a crazy way to close out the J1 season!

There're 18 J1 teams. Top 15 teams remain in J1 the following year. On the last match day, Jubilo Iwata was 30sec away from finishing the season in 12th place. Instead they score an own goal at the absolute last moment, which sees them tumble all the way down to 16th place and now has to go to relegation playoff. Jubilo are 10 wins & 13 losses for the year (11 draws), but even that still puts them in bottom 3 for crying out loud. Meanwhile you had Nagoya Grampus which were at the bottom of the table for much of the first half of the season, then pulled off 7 wins in a row to climb up to like 10th, then lost 6 out of the next 8, drew the last match and were convinced they were going to the relegation playoff... until the Jubilo disaster miraculously saved them. 5 teams from 12th-16th place all tied at 41 points. Just a fun, crazy season. Sorry, wrong sport.

Thank you for this and don’t be sorry, I also love this thread on baseball here with some soccer content...

Since you seem to know well, why they now face Tokyo Verdy in play-offs against J2 ?!?

Verdy only finished sixth in J2 and I know there is some issue with Machida team, but Yokohama & Omiya still ranked higher in regular season ?!

Thanks to share if you happen to know...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’d appreciate a different thread for football.

I can watch soccer. Baseball is like cricket; interminable and insufferable.
evergrn likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by LapLap
I’d appreciate a different thread for football.

I can watch soccer. Baseball is like cricket; interminable and insufferable.
Or perhaps we can have the mods change this to a "Buying tickets for sporting events" thread? I love football more than baseball but I worry that a thread about Japanese football would eventually get relegated way off the main page and we'd be back to square one with folks asking about football tickets on the baseball thread.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I worry that a thread about Japanese football would eventually get relegated way off the main page
You and I can keep bumping it (thread full of 4-letter posts... "bump")

Okay I second the threat title change to "Buying tickets for sporting events".
Or maybe "Japanese sporting events."
rustykettel likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:34 pm

I have some friends going to a Giants/Tigers game and asked me about their seats: 23ゲート(Gate)46通路(Aisle)_B48ブロック(Block)_B3塁 - Does anyone know for sure whether this section is likely to be filled with Giants or Tigers supporters?
Old Mar 17, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I just bought tickets for a Seibu Lions game in late May. I selected "pay now, pick up at 7-11."

I have done this before, but never 60+ days before the game.

Is there any sort of deadline or cutoff for when I can collect the tickets, like does it have to be within thirty days of purchase or anything like that?

I plan to collect them in mid-May about ten days before the game and I imagine that would be no problem, but I just wanted to make sure.

I did look at the emails they sent and didn't see a deadline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.