Reload this Page >

Buying Japan Baseball tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Japan Baseball tickets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Note that tickets don't all go on sale at the same time. They start by selling the tickets for April/May then later they release tickets for June/July games, etc.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:12 pm

I'm planning on using Michael at japanballtickets.com when I go next May (hopefully). He's been really responsive to email in my communications with him so far. My friend also used his service when he went to a game a while back and said it was fairly seamless.

Hoping to catch a game in Tokyo (prefer the Giants to see the Tokyo Dome but I hear the experience at Swallows games may be better), and fingers crossed I can check out a game at Koshien.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by sameruval
I'm planning on using Michael at japanballtickets.com when I go next May (hopefully). He's been really responsive to email in my communications with him so far. My friend also used his service when he went to a game a while back and said it was fairly seamless.

Hoping to catch a game in Tokyo (prefer the Giants to see the Tokyo Dome but I hear the experience at Swallows games may be better), and fingers crossed I can check out a game at Koshien.
a very heafty premium when you can buy giants tickets of their site in English and same with swallows via the english ticket pia site. Even climax tickets were not hard to get outside of Japan for the giants tigers in 2019.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 10:08 am

Programs: Free agent!
I only used japanballtickets.com on my first trip to Japan but the rest of time, I either purchased walk up tickets or bought them online from the team sites. I echo what Topcare said about the price premium. You're essentially paying for peace of mind.

I've never been to Meiji Jingu but Tokyo Dome is really nothing to write home about. I ended up there when I had a free evening before a late night flight back to the States and I'm glad I went but it was yet another boring, soulless dome. In addition, it didn't seem possible to move between the various levels to truly explore the stadium. If you don't mind a bit of travel, don't forget Yokohama Stadium and to a lesser extent, Belluna Dome (Seibu Lions).

Last edited by kevincrumbs; Aug 29, 2022 at 10:08 am Reason: Bad source tag
Old Aug 29, 2022, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
You're essentially paying for peace of mind.

I've never been to Meiji Jingu but Tokyo Dome is really nothing to write home about..
Yea, like the OP this would be a once in a lifetime thing so want to ensure no hiccups as much as possible despite the premium.

I’ve read that Swallows games are a better atmosphere, but the Tokyo dome does seem like a landmark- though I guess that might not bear out,

Either way the big attraction for me is trying to catch a game at Koshien
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:24 pm

Yea, like the OP this would be a once in a lifetime thing so want to ensure no hiccups as much as possible despite the premium.

I’ve read that Swallows games are a better atmosphere, but the Tokyo dome does seem like a landmark- though I guess that might not bear out,

Either way the big attraction for me is trying to catch a game at Koshien
With a rail pass once schedule is out, pretty easy to get to Koshein if you have a chance. It is a nice venue. The fans have some of the oddest unlicensed gear for purchase. Some very odd local shirts and jerseys. I also found their pro shot had some good licensed studd also.

For what it's worth you can play around here.

https://www.yakult-swallows.co.jp/en/ to see how easy or hard navigation is. Same for giants

https://www.e-tix.jp/ticket_giants/en/ticket_pc_en.html

But yah. And even tigers helping out.
https://www.hanshin.co.jp/koshien/global/en/ticket/
Old Aug 29, 2022, 11:40 pm

If you are in Hiroshima, Mazda Stadium is a great place to see a game. Carp fans are very passionate. Located about 10 minutes walk from Hiroshima Station and right next to Costco, so you can get some hot dogs to bring in if so desired.
Hiroshima Carp
Old Aug 30, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by hijiji
If you are in Hiroshima, Mazda Stadium is a great place to see a game. Carp fans are very passionate. Located about 10 minutes walk from Hiroshima Station and right next to Costco, so you can get some hot dogs to bring in if so desired.
Hiroshima Carp
Unfortunately not going to Hiroshima, does look like a nice stadium - but honestly looks a bit too much like the new generation of stadiums in the States.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 7:29 pm

Unfortunately not going to Hiroshima, does look like a nice stadium - but honestly looks a bit too much like the new generation of stadiums in the States.
I just saw the new stadium in Hokkaido. Wholly crap. Looks exactly like the brand new parks in the US. But for me, I'm very interested in going. Haha.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:33 pm

A Tigers home game is well worth it.
Boraxo and Topcare like this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 10:01 am

Programs: Free agent!
Originally Posted by Topcare
I just saw the new stadium in Hokkaido. Wholly crap. Looks exactly like the brand new parks in the US. But for me, I'm very interested in going. Haha.
The new stadium in Hokkaido looks awesome and while I can understand why some users like sameruval might not like the fact that Hiroshima & Hokkaido look similar to US ballparks, I'll take that any day over a boring dome. Even a newer dome like the Sapporo Dome wasn't the most interesting when I caught a game there about five years ago.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
I do have mixed feelings about the new ballpark (or any entertainment/sports venue) in Japan looking more like the one in the U.S. Alright, baseball is the U.S.sports so what can we say? When a new sumo stadium in Japan starts to look like a sports venue in the U.S. then I will start to worry.

The ES CON Field at the F Village, a new ballpark in Sapporo, the home of Nippon Ham, has an onsen facility that no U.S. ballpark has. The onsen facility at F Village will be a family oriented facility, coed and bathing suites required. The food court at the ES CON Field is based on Japanese yokocho (横丁, alley) concept and will have sushi and sashimi restaurants from the local Sapporo market, yakitori, ramen (of course Sapporo ramen), etc. There will be Sapporo Beer Bar at the ES CON Field and Sapporo Beer will sell a limited ES CON Field commemorative version of Sapporo Classic in 350 mL and 500 mL cans available only in Hokkaido
Old Jan 9, 2023, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I do have mixed feelings about the new ballpark (or any entertainment/sports venue) in Japan looking more like the one in the U.S. Alright, baseball is the U.S.sports so what can we say? When a new sumo stadium in Japan starts to look like a sports venue in the U.S. then I will start to worry.

The ES CON Field at the F Village, a new ballpark in Sapporo, the home of Nippon Ham, has an onsen facility that no U.S. ballpark has. The onsen facility at F Village will be a family oriented facility, coed and bathing suites required. The food court at the ES CON Field is based on Japanese yokocho (横丁, alley) concept and will have sushi and sashimi restaurants from the local Sapporo market, yakitori, ramen (of course Sapporo ramen), etc. There will be Sapporo Beer Bar at the ES CON Field and Sapporo Beer will sell a limited ES CON Field commemorative version of Sapporo Classic in 350 mL and 500 mL cans available only in Hokkaido
= awesome!!!!!!!
Old Jan 9, 2023, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by pesos
A Tigers home game is well worth it.
Planning on checking one out for sure!

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
The new stadium in Hokkaido looks awesome and while I can understand why some users like sameruval might not like the fact that Hiroshima & Hokkaido look similar to US ballparks, I'll take that any day over a boring dome. Even a newer dome like the Sapporo Dome wasn't the most interesting when I caught a game there about five years ago.
I know its a bit odd, especially given my home MLB stadium is an underwhelming dome (but not *the* most underwhelming dome), but I guess for some reason because of how much I've read about the older NPB stadiums, my mind is making me think that sitting in ES CON field would feel more like watching a game in Arlington than Hokkaido.

Does anyone know if the crowd experience (i.e. cheering) is going to be normalized this upcoming season?
Old May 15, 2023, 6:02 pm

With my Japan trip in a month's time, I plan to go to a Dragons game. Tickets to the game I plan to go to will go on sale next week.

Has anyone experienced buying the ticket on the Dragons website? It doesn't seem to have an English option, but I could be missing this when I checked their website.

In addition, is there a recommended area where I should try to get? I am a solo traveler if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.