Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Late-night HND arrival - hotel/transport options

Late-night HND arrival - hotel/transport options

Old Apr 5, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Good budget hotels in Tokyo for US$100-US$150/night?

thread that may give you some ideas
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by Texter
My budget is less than $150USD/night.
I would not stay near the airport. In central Tokyo You could find a budget hotel for around $300 for three nights - and you can communicate that you to check in at 6:00 AM on Friday. Hipmunk shows several places between $70 and $110 per night around Shimbashi / Hamamatsucho which has good access to HND. At that price you can expect a small but clean, modern, room with a tiny bathroom, and possibly a basic breakfast.

If you only feel like paying for two nights, then I'd suggest heading to Heiwajima Onsen after your flight for a shower and a nap on a reclining chair - ¥2,000 - then head to the hotel after lunch. You can expect a budget hotel to strictly enforce its check-in time. Confirm check-in times before you reserve.

Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:16 pm

You know I often end up cabbing it, because my luggage is too heavy.
No offense, but I think cabbing in Tokyo is a sin. With a public transportation system so developed, I fear that I would feel guilty not using it once when I go back to NYC. But I do understand the luggage problem, which is why I prefer flying into Narita instead. Going from Haneda to central Tokyo by train, whether you are taking the monorail or the Keikyu, you can't avoid the train lines that locals also use, and I always feel that I will give them too much troubles with my luggages. When I fly into Narita, I always book a hotel near Tokyo Station, and take the Narita Express, which gives me so much less pressure.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.