Wiki Posts
Search

Late-night HND arrival - hotel/transport options

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by evergrn

Link: http://hnd-bus.com/route/shinyokohama.html#timetable

You should be able to make the 11.10p if your flight's on time. Associa Hotel is essentially the Shin Yokohama Station. The bus will then go on to the Prince Hotel, arriving there a few minutes after.
Appreciate taking the time in providing further details. The bus link is great. If my flight is on time, there should be no problem getting on to one of those late night buses to S-Yokohama.

Bus ticket: kiosk accepting credit card? or ticket counter still opens? or get it on the bus?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Appreciate taking the time in providing further details. The bus link is great. If my flight is on time, there should be no problem getting on to one of those late night buses to S-Yokohama.

Bus ticket: kiosk accepting credit card? or ticket counter still opens? or get it on the bus?
I've only taken the Keikyu bus from the domestic terminal to YCAT. I bought my tickets from their vending machine, although I think you can also purchase it at the bus ticket counter in the arrivals lobby. I would imagine it's similar process at the international terminal, although someone else can chime in to confirm. While I'm not sure about the credit card, I don't see anywhere on their website that you can use CC. So I would assume you can't.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
evergrn,
Thanks again.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
if the unthinkable happens, are there still taxi queues at that time , what does it cost to use them to shinjuku or say, ueno, and do they accept credit cards?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Radisson VIP, Hertz Gold, Accor Plat
I also have a 10.30pm scheduled arrival. I'm headed to Akasaka and it seems that the monorail might well be easily catchable, but then I have to get off it, onto the Toei (?) line and then onto a Tokyo metro line, the last train on it seeming to be at 11.34pm. If that s correct I think it's unachievable?

Uber/Taxi therefore seems like a very sound option, particularly if one intends to be somewhat under the influence after the journey and not in the best frame of mind for complex 1st time navigation of the alternative route?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phoneticduck
I also have a 10.30pm scheduled arrival. I'm headed to Akasaka and it seems that the monorail might well be easily catchable, but then I have to get off it, onto the Toei (?) line and then onto a Tokyo metro line, the last train on it seeming to be at 11.34pm. If that s correct I think it's unachievable?

Uber/Taxi therefore seems like a very sound option, particularly if one intends to be somewhat under the influence after the journey and not in the best frame of mind for complex 1st time navigation of the alternative route?
Are you going to Akasaka Mitsuke? You'd take Keikyu train from HND to Shinbashi, then transfer to Ginza subway line.

If you have suitcase or if your destination is not close to a station, then it'd make the most sense to either take monorail to Hamamatsucho or Keikyu to Shinbashi, then taxi from there to Akasaka.

You can always do taxi or Uber straight from HND, although that will cost you.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:35 am

Are you going to Akasaka Mitsuke?...
This webpage estimates that a taxi one way would be around 9,000 yen (80USD).

https://www.numbeo.com/taxi-fare/in/Tokyo
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

fyi... I've updated all the info on the original post.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 4:02 am

Are you going to Akasaka Mitsuke? You'd take Keikyu train from HND to Shinbashi, then transfer to Ginza subway line.

If you have suitcase or if your destination is not close to a station, then it'd make the most sense to either take monorail to Hamamatsucho or Keikyu to Shinbashi, then taxi from there to Akasaka.

Thanks Evergryn.

Our hotel is only 200m from the Akasaka-mitsuke station so I think we will follow your advice. It seems obvious now, but I was confused by looking at a Tokyo Metro map thinking i could understand it....! Should have realised it doesn't cover JR/Keikyu etc.

Last edited by phoneticduck; Oct 1, 2017 at 4:14 am
Old Oct 1, 2017, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Our hotel is only 200m from the Akasaka-mitsuke station so I think we will follow your advice. It seems obvious now, but I was confused by looking at a Tokyo Metro map thinking i could understand it....! Should have realised it doesn't cover JR/Keikyu etc.
Okay, pls read below carefully.

Keikyu trains out of HND bound for Kamata direction either continue on towards Tokyo or towards Yokohama. So you have to be sure to get on the one heading towards Tokyo. Furthermore, some of those will terminate in Shinagawa and will not go to Shinbashi. On a weeknight, the train you'll want to catch leaves HND Int'l terminal at 22:40, 22:53, 23:09. Beyond that, the train schedule says all Tokyo-bound Keikyu out of HND terminate at Shinagawa where you'll then have to transfer to JR to get to Shinbashi.

If you don't think you'll make the 23:09 Keikyu train, then my recommendation would be to take the Monorail to Hamamatsucho, then just hop on a cab to Akasaka. That beats having to negotiate 2 train transfers with luggage late at night. I can't imagine that cab ride costing more than $20. If your flight's on time, I think chances are good you'll make the 23:09 Keikyu train. And note that the Keikyu train schedule I gave you above only applies to weekdays. On Sat, for example, everything's different and there's a 23:20 train from HND that goes to and beyond Shinbashi.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL

Our hotel is only 200m from the Akasaka-mitsuke station .
FYI Taxi = 8500 yen (including late night surcharge which starts at 11pm) + toll 1300 yen

Flat rate doesn't apply to that area.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by beep88
FYI Taxi = 8500 yen (including late night surcharge which starts at 11pm) + toll 1300 yen

so total fare would be 9800yen?
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Our hotel is only 200m from the Akasaka-mitsuke station...
Originally Posted by beep88
Which hotel is it? North and East side of Akasaka-Mitsuke station is Chuyoda Ward (千代田区) which has flat rate of 7100 yen for late night surcharge plus toll, these area includes hotels such as Hotel New Otani.

South and West side of Akasaka-Mitsuke station is Minato Ward (港区) which does not have a flat rate to Minato Ward where taxi ride from Haneda airport will be by meter.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Which hotel is it?
It's the Hotel Risveglio Akasaka. Minato Ward. Monorail then taxi option based on Evergrn's advice I think.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

It's the Hotel Risveglio Akasaka. Minato Ward. Monorail then taxi option based on Evergrn's advice I think.
How do they come up with these hotel names? I didn't even know how to pronounce it until I saw the Japanese phonetic translation. Best to print out the hotel name / address / phone number, so the taxi driver won't have any problems.

Just print this and show to the driver:

Name:  hotel.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  57.6 KB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.