Special flavor Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special flavor Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: LH M+M
Didnt like Tokyo Banana at all (last year) - flying out in two weeks, curious what to find this time :-)
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Didnt like Tokyo Banana at all (last year) - flying out in two weeks, curious what to find this time :-)
Now I'm wondering if they changed recipes. Luckily I bumped into this Tokyo Apple Butter Financier which are super tasty. Plus all the other treats that don't travel, of course.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), ITA Executive, WY Silver, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold
Going to Japan soon, want to pick up some interesting kit kat's that taste good.
I usually like matcha, any other flavour recommendations?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by EYrevanchist
Going to Japan soon, want to pick up some interesting kit kat's that taste good.
Go to Kit Kat's Japan Chocolatory page and see what's new https://nestle.jp/brand/kit/chocolatory/
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:00 am

I got the 45 years sampler pack and I enjoyed most of flavours there. Specifically related to teas I really enjoyed the Sublime Matcha, the Power of Green Tea (which I believe someone already recommended this above) and the Uji Houjicha (but didn't like the regular Houjicha which I bought separately).

Outside of that it depends on your tastes really. There are just so many options that is hard to say.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by pauq
I got the 45 years sampler pack and I enjoyed most of flavours there. Specifically related to teas I really enjoyed the Sublime Matcha, the Power of Green Tea (which I believe someone already recommended this above) and the Uji Houjicha (but didn't like the regular Houjicha which I bought separately).

Outside of that it depends on your tastes really. There are just so many options that is hard to say.
Can I pick this up at first avenue tokyo station?

Edit: I'm referring to the 45 year sampler

Last edited by EYrevanchist; Apr 12, 2019 at 10:02 am
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I pick this up at first avenue tokyo station?

Edit: I'm referring to the 45 year sampler
If you can still find it there.
It’s on a special 50% off promo until 15th April

https://shop.nestle.jp/front/content...l/45th_assort/
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by LapLap
If you can still find it there.
It’s on a special 50% off promo until 15th April

https://shop.nestle.jp/front/content...l/45th_assort/
I'm in Japan in June :/
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:54 pm

They keep changing the lineup for maccha falvored Kit Kats.
But when I was there in Feb, they had this new one called "Maccha no Chikara" (抹茶のちから)which was really the best maccha one I've had in a long time.
All the various other maccha / green tea ones by them that I've tried over the past several years have been disappointing really watered-down.
They have other ones currently under the name/category "Otona no Amasa" (大人の甘さ), but again the maccha flavor's more intense with "Maccha no Chikara" (抹茶のちから).
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by evergrn
They keep changing the lineup for maccha falvored Kit Kats.
But when I was there in Feb, they had this new one called "Maccha no Chikara" (抹茶のちから)which was really the best maccha one I've had in a long time.
All the various other maccha / green tea ones by them that I've tried over the past several years have been disappointing really watered-down.
They have other ones currently under the name/category "Otona no Amasa" (大人の甘さ), but again the maccha flavor's more intense with "Maccha no Chikara" (抹茶のちから).
I will look out for the different Macha varieties.
I was told that first avenue at tokyo station was the best place to find them. Is it true?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:41 am

I will look out for the different Macha varieties.
I was told that first avenue at tokyo station was the best place to find them. Is it true?
The one I'm talking about was available almost everywhere this past Feb. Unless it's a limited-edition item, you should be able to find it at supermarkets, etc.
Not sure about the Tokyo Station one, but I've been to the one in Ikebukuro. If you really love Kit-Kat, it may be worth going. I didn't buy anything because, to be honest, there are so many other food boutiques there with far more attractive-looking sweets than Kit-Kat.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by evergrn
The one I'm talking about was available almost everywhere this past Feb. Unless it's a limited-edition item, you should be able to find it at supermarkets, etc.
Not sure about the Tokyo Station one, but I've been to the one in Ikebukuro. If you really love Kit-Kat, it may be worth going. I didn't buy anything because, to be honest, there are so many other food boutiques there with far more attractive-looking sweets than Kit-Kat.
I also appreciate Pierre Marcolini, which is coincidentally also located within Tokyo Station.
Tried it in Paris and plan to try it again.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LapChild used up all her pocket money today at a Okashi No Machioka a discount candy chain
Locations in Tokyo: https://hitomgr.jp/dsaiyo/hm4y/pc_jo...all/knto/tokyo

They had the Matcha No Chikara bags for over 400yen. She didn’t buy any.

Since my kid is 9, she got a few kinds and tried them. I got asked to nibble at each so can come back with these verdicts

Kodawari no Raspberry こだわりのラズベリー Nope! Despite being formulated for adults it’s sickly sweet and as the Kodawari suggests, the raspberry “insists upon itself”. Inc tax was 289yen.

Ikinari Dango Aji - いきなり団子味 “Suddenly Dango flavour”. Nice package with Kumamon. But this is for white chocolate flavoured fat and sugar enthusiasts only. If you like white kitkats, this is a super primed version. Very sweet. Inc tax 289yen

Strawberry Cheesecake - すとろベッリーチ-ズケーキ
Chocolatory Version. Fresh strawberry taste, not excessively cloying (but I do have a sweet tooth), pleasant almond and cranberry? Topping. Inc tax 213yen
This was the only one of the three I’d buy for a friend (which I did)
Attached Images  
evergrn, PAX_fips and EYrevanchist like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by LapLap
They had the Matcha No Chikara bags for over 400yen. She didn’t buy any.
I wouldn't be surprised if that one is priced a bit higher than the other green tea Kit Kats. But you can definitely taste the difference.

I just don't share the fascination for Kit Kats when there're so many tastier sweets in Jpn. If you're after maccha sweets, there are few things I can recommend. Most of the maccha langue docha in Jpn (sold everywhere in Kyoto) are not that good. But the one from Tsujirihei is really good. I saw it at HND in Jan. For maccha nama-choco, Monloire (better than Royce).
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA
Just back from Japan. Not sure how rare or special these are, but I picked up the following from a Blue Sky at NRT:

- Sakura Matcha
- Kyoho Grape
- Peach
- Hokkaido Melon & Mascarpone Cheese

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.