Reload this Page >

Special flavor Kit Kats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special flavor Kit Kats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
If passing through ITM one might want to consider to have a look at the following place:
https://www.osaka-airport.co.jp/en/s...ne/kitkat.html
BeachRat likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:11 pm

In Japan one can basically build one's own sampler pack just by visiting souvenir stores and Konbinis.

Any way, another recommendation for people who like Banana flavoured candy/sweets is both Tokyo Banana Kit Kat (but not the actual Tokyo Banana, which didn't taste as good as I remembered -- YMMV) and the special Easter banana flavour if you can still find it. They all taste different from each other but they all taste very good.

Originally Posted by evergrn
There are so many other food boutiques there with far more attractive-looking sweets than Kit-Kat.
That is true in general (funny there is no general Japanese confections thread btw) but Kit Kat has its charm as well.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Scotch Whisky Kit kats

Hi,

From CNN

For the winter season only there will be a limited supply of scotch whisky flavoured kit kats in the Chocolatory shops only

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...gbr/index.html

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 15, 2020, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

From CNN

For the winter season only there will be a limited supply of scotch whisky flavoured kit kats in the Chocolatory shops only

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/artic...gbr/index.html

Regards

TBS
If only they were also filled with whisky!
Old Oct 28, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Is there currently a special Kit Kat flavor available in Japan and where can I find it? I’m leaving from narita next week but I would prefer to buy it locally so as not to waste my narita lounge-time shopping.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fmkgb
Is there currently a special Kit Kat flavor available in Japan and where can I find it? I’m leaving from narita next week but I would prefer to buy it locally so as not to waste my narita lounge-time shopping.
Donki is usually a good place for various flavours, but in smaller package sizes any convenience store will stocked on flavours. I have not noticed anything new recently.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: TG*G
From next moth onwards, a new 'Tokyo Cacao' flavour will be rolled out at selected locations. This seems to be something Tokyo-only.

https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/t...n-tokyo-102422
Old Oct 29, 2022, 6:59 pm

There is an omiyage shop in B1F of Tokyo Station, opposite Ramen Street. They usually have all of the current varieties. There also used to be a Kit Kat premium boutique in Daimaru but I think it’s now closed.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:31 am

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Seems there are only 2 KitKat Chocolatory left in Japan now - one in Seibu Ikebukuro and the other one in Osaka-Itami Airport

(And the Osaka-Itami store will be gone Nov 27)

https://nestle.jp/brand/kit/chocolatory/

Last edited by Daytona; Oct 31, 2022 at 3:56 pm
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Daytona
Seems there are only 2 KitKat Chocolatory left in Japan now - one in Seibu Ikebukuro and the other one in Osaka-Itami Airport

​​​​​​
They were fun while they lasted. I guess they struggled with the concept of Kit Kat as a high end priced chocolate....
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Daytona

Pretty sure Miyashita Park shopping centre in Shibuya had one, as of earlier this month. They were taking reservations for folks to "design their own" Kit Kats.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
They were fun while they lasted. I guess they struggled with the concept of Kit Kat as a high end priced chocolate....
Yes, I learned about high price part of this Kit Kat craze. My coworker in the U.S. is into this different, regional/seasonal Kit Kat thing in Japan which he read about on the internet. When my coworker asked me about the Kit Kat thing in Japan I casually said I can get some for him thinking it is no different from buying regular Kit Kat from combini. I do not remember exactly where I went, I think Ginza Mitsukoshi or Shinjuku Takashimaya (it was a department store depachika), I found the place selling those Kit Kat on the internet. I was not paying attention to the price, then it came time to pay for Kit Kat. I was like, what the &^$%!!!!! I thought this Kit Kat shop was a total tourist trap! Since then I have not told anyone that I can get Kit Kat from Japan.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Oct 31, 2022 at 11:17 am
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FindingFoodFluency
Pretty sure Miyashita Park shopping centre in Shibuya had one, as of earlier this month. They were taking reservations for folks to "design their own" Kit Kats.
It closed on Oct 26th. The Osaka-Itami store will be gone on Nov 27th.

伊丹空港店は、2022年11月27日(日)をもちまして閉店させていただきます。
ご愛顧賜りました事を心から御礼申し上げます。

Itami Airport Branch will close on Sunday, November 27, 2022.
We would like to express our sincere appreciation for your patronage.

ミヤシタパーク渋谷店は、2022年10月26日(水)をもちまして閉店いたしました。
ご愛顧賜りました事を心から御礼申し上げます。

Miyashita Park Shibuya branch will close on October 26, 2022 (Wed).
We would like to express our sincere appreciation for your patronage.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD

Found Kit Kats at this store in Sendai. I think name is Matsumoto kiyoshi but I don’t speak Japanese. Seems to be a chain of drug store type shops. I found variety of flavors including green tea, cheesecake flavor, one that has a ritz cracker looking picture on bag so I think that is the cracker used in the cookie, outer coating looks like a white Chocolate, pistachio, and a black bag with a picture that could be caramel which hotel said was regular flavor but I don’t think she is correct because regular flavor is in red bag. I do not think this is the special Tokyo cacao referred to in above post. If anyone is interested I can take picture of any of the bags for more Japanese detail. Don’t know ounces but bags seems to include 15-20 pierces and they cost 170 yen each.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Found Kit Kats at this store in Sendai. I think name is Matsumoto kiyoshi but I don’t speak Japanese. Seems to be a chain of drug store type shops. I found variety of flavors including green tea, cheesecake flavor, one that has a ritz cracker looking picture on bag so I think that is the cracker used in the cookie, outer coating looks like a white Chocolate, pistachio, and a black bag with a picture that could be caramel which hotel said was regular flavor but I don’t think she is correct because regular flavor is in red bag. I do not think this is the special Tokyo cacao referred to in above post. If anyone is interested I can take picture of any of the bags for more Japanese detail. Don’t know ounces but bags seems to include 15-20 pierces and they cost 170 yen each.
In quite touristic locations, Matsukiyo can be a good option as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.