Wiki Posts
Search

How reliable is Peach?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2013, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Pl, SQ Gold, HHonors Gold, Accor Gold
How reliable is Peach?

I'm thinking of flying KIX-TPE on Peach mostly due to the cost and time of the flight (I'd otherwise fly Jetstar Asia or JAL as I'm familiar with them).

For those of you who've flown with Peach, what is their on-time reliability like?
Old Jan 20, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
I haven't flown with Peach, but from what I understand they are more reliable than the other Japanese LCCs (AirAsia and Jetstar), mainly because they are based at KIX which is less crowded than NRT and doesn't have a curfew. That said, they still have a couple of basic reliability problems in comparison to JAL: no backup/reserve planes and very tight schedules with short turnarounds. I recall that they had a lot of maintenance and operational issues around the time that they started out, but it seems like things have stabilized as of late. Still, I'd say there is definitely a greater chance of a long delay with them as opposed to with a legacy carrier.

They don't interline with anyone, so if there is a long delay or cancellation, you either have to wait for their next available flight, or get a refund and buy a last-minute ticket with someone else. Also, in case you aren't aware, Peach has really tight seat pitch, more or less like Ryanair's (but the same as Jetstar's A320s, I believe).
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: meltdowngraded from "F" and "C" , Accor Plt, BW Dia, ihg G, UA 0.9999MM
Originally Posted by joejones
Peach has really tight seat pitch
Legroom is 2x iPhone length. Look at these pictures.
http://4travel.jp/traveler/taino-oka...lbum/10661593/
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by O Sora
Legroom is 2x iPhone length. Look at these pictures.
http://4travel.jp/traveler/taino-oka...lbum/10661593/
That is really tight unless you are an iPhone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.