Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Weekend trip from Busan to Japan

Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...

I am trying to help my manager to arrange a weekend trip from Busan in Korea to somwhere in Japan during a weekend. Outbound fligth about 5-7 pm Friday and back to korea afternoon Sunday.

Anybody that have any suggestions where to go in Japan and suggestions of airlines that fly to Japan from Busan?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
The most frequent (and shortest) flights from PUS are to Fukuoka (FUK).

To get the maximum time in Japan, for example, your boss could take Korean airlines 5.50pm departure to FUK on Friday and Korean airlines return flight from FUK at 7.40pm on Sunday. From Fukuoka your boss can easily reach some fun places - hot springs, areas of natural beauty, pottery towns, historic cities ...

He could also fly direct between PUS and KIX, NGO, NRT with airlines like Asiana, Air Busan, and JAL. However, the flight times may not be so convenient for a weekend break.You can explore the possibilities by using the ITA search function, with PUS as the origin and FUK, KIX, NGO, NRT as the destination.

It's also possible to fly into FUK and fly home from KIX, for example.... However, I'd be inclined to suggest a simple return trip to FUK and use the weekend to explore Fukuoka, Nagasaki and areas in between.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD (*A gold), IHG Plat. Amb., HH Gold, Freccia Alata Plus, Air Berlin Gold...
Many thanks. I will suggest a trip to FUK.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by FF#1
Many thanks. I will suggest a trip to FUK.
I see great things in your future, if you advise your boss to go to FUK. ^
Old Nov 29, 2010, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by jib71
I see great things in your future, if you advise your boss to go to FUK. ^
Especially if you tell him to go by himself.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:57 am

sorry to jump in, but i'm reading and researching on japan for a possible trip and am just wondering if it's ok to head to Fukoka for a few days solo?

would it be especially weird if i'm female?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ohyum
sorry to jump in, but i'm reading and researching on japan for a possible trip and am just wondering if it's ok to head to Fukoka for a few days solo?

would it be especially weird if i'm female?

Many thanks in advance!
Ummm, no! Why would it be weird to head to Fukuoka alone(female or male)?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: UA, NW
The only inconvenience I have run into as a woman traveling alone in Japan is the occasional ryokan that will not rent to singles.

Otherwise, the country has a low crime rate, all the business hotels are made up mostly of single rooms, most minshuku take single travelers, and I've had many experiences of being temporarily "adopted" by groups of Japanese travelers for meals or excursions to famous sights.

Fukuoka is like the rest of Japan in this respect.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 8:33 am

Good to know that it won't be an issue. if i do end up heading there, i'm likely to stay in a hotel so i think single or otherwise, shouldn't be issue.

But i did a quick check on the cost for accomodation and MY GAWD, it's expensive! i've heard that rooms arent cheap but SRSLY!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by ohyum
But i did a quick check on the cost for accomodation and MY GAWD, it's expensive! i've heard that rooms arent cheap but SRSLY!
Yeah. Best forget about it. LOL. Its not that Gr8! FAWK!!
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by ksandness
The only inconvenience I have run into as a woman traveling alone in Japan is the occasional ryokan that will not rent to singles.
Applies equally to male solo travelers. About the only option where there's active sex discrimination is capsule hotels, which are typically male-only, although a few have separate floors for women.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Another way of getting between Busan and Fukuoka is to take the JR Beetle/MiraeJet hydrofoil which has lots of frequencies per daily.

If you buy it on sale during the Beetle Special or the Cho Beetle Special prices, the roundtrip price can be as low as 10,000 JPY, and it only takes slightly longer than the plane.

For the budget traveler this is definitely the way to go between Japan and Korea; makes it an awesome trip too if you are in either Busan or Fukuoka; easily doable to take the morning Beetle from Hakata to Busan, tour the city in the afternoon and spend a night, tour a bit more of Busan in the morning, and come back to Hakata next day afternoon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.