Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A rave about Japan

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
Originally Posted by kitsura
I could do all that but I'd prefer not to.
And I usually prefer taking the limousine bus which is about 5k yen roundtrip as I get a place to sit and sleep and not have to run around to change trains.
I thought the NEX was straight to shinjuku? I suppose its more than 5,000 yen RT though!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by gates_2
Originally Posted by kitsura
I could do all that but I'd prefer not to.
And I usually prefer taking the limousine bus which is about 5k yen roundtrip as I get a place to sit and sleep and not have to run around to change trains.
I thought the NEX was straight to shinjuku? I suppose its more than 5,000 yen RT though!
Na, NEX is cheaper at 1500 + 3310 when you use the welcome pack for tourist

but if the bus goes downstair of the hotel...
Old Apr 28, 2010, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jib71
Ekht?
Yeah, really!
Old Apr 29, 2010, 5:41 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3Gs: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Na, NEX is cheaper at 1500 + 3310 when you use the welcome pack for tourist

but if the bus goes downstair of the hotel...
Well I found out last week (in my first trip in Japan) if you have a Tokyo Toei Subway All Day pass (700Yen), and catch from say Shimbashi to Narita Airport in their commuter Keisei trains, I ended up only paying 950Yen to pay for the difference using the fare adjustment machines at the Airport! If I pay at Shimbashi I would have to pay 1100Yen. Not that it makes a big difference but hey it is worth a 150Yen drink at those common vendor machines!

So lesson is if you have those all day Tokyo subway pass, just go in and get to Narita and use the fare adjustment machine to work out the difference!

By the way, I just went to Japan for 9 days and had a fantastic time. Now I know why people love going to Japan, especially for Asians ..... Maybe I should write a TR about it ......

Last edited by kamchatsky; Apr 29, 2010 at 5:47 am
Old Apr 29, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by edison
Well I found out last week (in my first trip in Japan) if you have a Tokyo Toei Subway All Day pass (700Yen), and catch from say Shimbashi to Narita Airport in their commuter Keisei trains, I ended up only paying 950Yen to pay for the difference using the fare adjustment machines at the Airport! If I pay at Shimbashi I would have to pay 1100Yen. Not that it makes a big difference but hey it is worth a 150Yen drink at those common vendor machines!

So lesson is if you have those all day Tokyo subway pass, just go in and get to Narita and use the fare adjustment machine to work out the difference!

By the way, I just went to Japan for 9 days and had a fantastic time. Now I know why people love going to Japan, especially for Asians ..... Maybe I should write a TR about it ......
That sounds good if you have to use a Toei Pass on the departing day anyway

The fare adjustment probably calculate the rate from Oshiage (End of Toei Asakusa line), hence the 950 yen

Can't wait for your TR!
Old May 2, 2010, 4:26 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
That sounds good if you have to use a Toei Pass on the departing day anyway

The fare adjustment probably calculate the rate from Oshiage (End of Toei Asakusa line), hence the 950 yen

Can't wait for your TR!
You are right about the calculation of rate from Oshiage. Yes I used the pass all day so it really helps they have comprehensive fare adjustment machines all over Tokyo.

Well I've just started my TR in the TR section. It could take some time before it is complete though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.