Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Japan
Reload this Page >

Rokkasen yakiniku restaurant - all you can eat Matsuzaka beef (aka Kobe beef)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

http://www.rokkasen.co.jp/en/index.html

Has anyone eaten here? It is in Shinjuku and they say you can do all you can eat yakiniku and shabu shabu with Matsuzaka beef (kobe beef).

Wanted to see if anyone has been and if it is any good. Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
I guess Matsuzaka Beef is the same as Kobe Beef on the planet where Burgundy Wine is the same as Bordeaux Wine....

What I've experienced in "all you can eat" restaurants has never been stellar. While this place doesn't look like a cheap'n'nasty joint, I'd probably avoid it. I'm somewhat suspicious of "yakiniku + shabu shabu + crab" ...
Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:14 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Where are the cows in Kobe anyway? If they manage to live on the hills it'll be tough as nail. When I look down at Matsuzaka, there are no pastures but only golf courses. May be Saga beef, Tajima beef or even Sanda beef. It's hard to believe there is real Kobe beef.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:36 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The web page looked OK but the prices didn't look spectacularly good. The Matsuzaka beef meal is like Y19,950 each, not including drinks. For that price or less you can have a great beef meal at that teppan-yaki place in the Imperial hotel whose name always escapes me (and which Pickles always remembers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.