Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Question for NRT

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Talking Connection Question for NRT

Hi everyone,

First post on FT. Very excited. Hoping someone can help me with connection questions through NRT. Flying LAX - NRT - PVG, but using multiple carriers. Singapore Airlines from LAX to NRT and then JAL from NRT to PVG. Have two questions:

1. Is a connection time of 1:35 min reasonable or is this cutting it close?
2. Anyone know if Singapore Airlines and JAL have a interline baggage agreement so I won't have to take my bags through customs in NRT or will I have to take my bags through customs anyways? Would really like to be able to check my bags all the way through to PVG.

Thanks so much FT gurus!
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:30 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Welcome to FlyerTalk shavri ,

I am moving this thread to the Japan forum within FlyerTalk where you should be able to find posters who can address the issue you have raised.

Thanks for your understanding.

With best regards,

Jouy31
TravelBuzz moderator
Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:05 am

Programs: WWMFD
Originally Posted by shavri
First post on FT. Very excited. Hoping someone can help me with connection questions through NRT. Flying LAX - NRT - PVG, but using multiple carriers. Singapore Airlines from LAX to NRT and then JAL from NRT to PVG. Have two questions:

1. Is a connection time of 1:35 min reasonable or is this cutting it close?
Welcome aboard shavri,

You may be close but should make it. See this post UA and other *Alliance arrive in Terminal 1.

Anyone know if Singapore Airlines and JAL have a interline baggage agreement so I won't have to take my bags through customs in NRT or will I have to take my bags through customs anyways? Would really like to be able to check my bags all the way through to PVG.
I'm not sure about this, but someone else here will know. I'd guess there is an interline agreement in-place.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anyone know if Singapore Airlines and JAL have a interline baggage agreement so I won't have to take my bags through customs in NRT
SQ to JL is no problem interlining.

Generally speaking, it's only the "discount" carriers (Like Tiger, Jetstar) that won't have interlining agreements in place. And given the poor arrival time reliability of the discount carriers, I wouldn't ever use one on a multi-leg trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.