Search

Plane and seat types

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2009, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Plane and seat types

Hi,

Doesn't appear to be a FAQ on this forum so will ask a question.
Will be my first time flying JL/JO.

Looking to fly SYD-NRT-DEL in early Aug as one of the last few flights of a DONE4.
Had originally been going to fly SYD-HKG-DEL but have never been to Tokyo and the CX product HKG-DEL is regional seating.

Just wanted to confirm that my understanding of the seats was right and ask a few more questions.

SYD-NRT
Two choices
QF21 - A333 2 Class night flight - SkyBed I that I know and love - 170 deg recline
JL772 - B777 2 Class day flight - Assuming Jalways. - Shell Flat - 170 deg recline as well

Any thoughts from those that have tried both?

NRT-DEL
JL471 - B744 - 3 Class - Jalways - SHell Flat - 170 deg recline.

Also on JL741 as a oneworld Emerald, what would be my chances of an op-up?
Old May 29, 2009, 5:11 am

Programs: AA:1MM
can't answer for the seating... word on the street is that JAL is really stingy with op-ups, so i would guess your chances are low.
Old May 30, 2009, 5:51 pm

JL471

Completed this flight as part of a Done4 in March you are correct shell flat 170 degrees day flight in direction of nrt-del

when I flew upper deck of business had 7 people including myself and lower deck was not overly populated so I guess no real benefit in first apart from the seat. Service impeccable two hostess for seven people it ought to be

meals good and very nice 10 hour flight,

Only downside IFE is average older tape style system and I love how clean the toilets stay on a japan airlines flight with such a small number of paxs in business

Y seemed average sort of load not overly full or empty

hope this helps

we then flew back CX to HKG which as stated was regional but shorter flight time and once again not overly full
Old May 30, 2009, 9:11 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by moa999
Also on JL741 as a oneworld Emerald, what would be my chances of an op-up?

Slim to none. I've had one op-up in 5 years as a JGC Sapphire and that was 3 years ago on an oversold MNL-NRT flight.

I have no hard numbers to back this up but the economic crisis seems to be affecting JAL hard, 2 or 3 years ago I had to waitlist for almost every Y to J upgrade. These days, I can get an award on almost every flight I care to look at. My last 4 flights in J have been half full at best and my Y flights have been only 80% full so I've thankfully been able to have an empty seat beside me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.