Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BKK - JAL lounge and transit desk hours?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
BKK - JAL lounge and transit desk hours?

Does anyone know what the opening hours are for the JAL lounge or the JAL transit desk are in Bangkok? I haven't been able to find those anywhere. I'm arriving in late morning but my outbound flight isn't until late evening.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 5:39 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
As they have a morning flight to NRT they will be open.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I had thought that maybe since the morning flight departs before I arrive, the lounge might close until closer to the evening flight bank.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:51 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
As OneWorld Sapphire you can also use the CX Lounge which will be open and also the Qantas Lounge which opens around 1pm I think.

Both are much nicer than the poorly furnished and equiped JAL Suckua Lounge
Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Just to close out the thread, I had an email response from JAL.

"In regards to your inquiry, the operation hours for the Sakura Lounge at Suvarnabhumi International Airport is as follows: 05:45 to 08:30 and 15:00 to 23:30 (local time). Unfortunately, a JAL staff will not be available at the transit counter until 19:30, as the hours are 19:30 to 23:25 (local time) for all JAL evening departure flights from Bangkok."

I am truly hoping that the CX and/or Qantas lounge will let me in with just an itinerary showing a later departure and my AA platinum card, but no boarding pass . . . and perhaps more importantly that I'll be able to get to the international departures area from the international arrivals area.

Last edited by chazas; Aug 14, 2008 at 2:46 pm
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Is this all one ticket on OW carriers? If so, they should give you your JAL boarding pass when you check in for your first flight. At least, they do when I check in with AA and I'm connecting to JAL in either Chicago or New York.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Black Adder
Is this all one ticket on OW carriers? If so, they should give you your JAL boarding pass when you check in for your first flight. At least, they do when I check in with AA and I'm connecting to JAL in either Chicago or New York.
No. Separate ticket from Phnom Penh to Bangkok on Thai. The onward JAL ticket is an AA award.

Last edited by chazas; Aug 14, 2008 at 3:55 pm Reason: can't spell
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Gold
Like the OP, I too will have 3-4 hours to spend at the Bangkok Airport coming in from Siem Riep on a separate ticket, flying out JL718 in business BKK-NRT on AA award tickets. Can we use either the CX or QF lounge in place of JL if it's that bad? Is there anything else to do or a good place to eat at the BKK airport?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
Like the OP, I too will have 3-4 hours to spend at the Bangkok Airport coming in from Siem Riep on a separate ticket, flying out JL718 in business BKK-NRT on AA award tickets. Can we use either the CX or QF lounge in place of JL if it's that bad? Is there anything else to do or a good place to eat at the BKK airport?
CX Lounge Closes around 7pm..You really dont need anywhere other than the Qantas Lounge [And everythings free so no currency problems] but if you do..here's details of the 30 plus dining places in Departures at BKK.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/131
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:10 am

This thread is old but I had the same question and this was the only place I found with an answer. Thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chazas
Just to close out the thread, I had an email response from JAL.

"In regards to your inquiry, the operation hours for the Sakura Lounge at Suvarnabhumi International Airport is as follows: 05:45 to 08:30 and 15:00 to 23:30 (local time). ..."
This post is rather old but I'm wondering if / how the situation might have changed? The oneworld website has once again outdone itself with self-contradiction. On the 'Lounge Finder' page for BKK, it lists the Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge. It says 'Opening Hours', then lists every day, Sunday to Saturday, and says '24 Hours'. However, immediately below that, it says 'Note: Daily: 05:45-08:30, 18:00-23:30'

Can anyone who has been there recently please confirm what you found? TIA.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by henry999
Can anyone who has been there recently please confirm what you found? TIA.
For the record: I was at BKK yesterday and the JL Sakura lounge re-opened at 1805.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Was in bkk last weekend and (while lounge hopping between the Eva lounge and Singapore Airlines lounge) passed by the Sakura lounge several times. I did notice that the lounge hours haven’t changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.