Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

SPG points transfer to JMB...how many weeks?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, ANA

Hi everyone,

I’m a long time reader, first time poster
From your experience how many weeks (days?) did it take for your SPG points to post to your JMB account after receiving the transfer confirmation? I know that SPG tells it can take up to 6 weeks but I’m curious. I'm over a week know, and counting (mine JMB account is register in Japan if that makes a difference).

Thanks.

Fab
Old Jul 15, 2008, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, ANA
Never mind. They just get posted
So to answer my own question...it takes a week.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 4:12 pm

Programs: JAL JGC/Diamond, IC RA
Thanks for posting this. Your post reminded me that I can convert my orphan SPG points to airline miles, in my case, to NW. I just got an e-mail from NW informing me that come October, I, as a status-less member having no WP credit card, will not be allowed to issues JAL award tickets using WP miles. With a couple thousand miles I transfer from SPG I hope to use up all my WP points and issue two JAL domestic tickets while I can. kojiro
Old Oct 25, 2012, 9:27 am

Anyone have recent experience with SPG to JMB transfers? How quick was the transfer?

I understand that with some airlines the transfers are done in batch - on a particular day of the week. Anyone know if that's the case with JMB and what day of the week that may be?

Thanks for any insight!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 3:30 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dfny36
Anyone have recent experience with SPG to JMB transfers? How quick was the transfer?

I understand that with some airlines the transfers are done in batch - on a particular day of the week. Anyone know if that's the case with JMB and what day of the week that may be?

Thanks for any insight!
someone has recently asked me about the SPG transfer. He waited for 2 weeks and the transfer still hadn't been completed. Let me try PM him to see if he can give us an update.
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: all
mine have still not posted after three weeks
Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:49 am

Programs: all
still waiting...gonna call spg
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:29 pm

For what its worth, I just did a transfer and it took about a week, if that. The points just posted today.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:04 pm

I did a transfer about a month ago and it took about 2 weeks.

From what I've read, it seems they do it once a month. So you can get lucky and get in right before the cutoff, or you can end up waiting 3 weeks and 6 days...
Old May 2, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
I did a SPG -> JMB transfer the 29th and I had them in my account today the 2nd, don't know if they do it by the end of the month but less than a week for me ^
Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Plat
any recent experiences?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:17 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blackpaper
any recent experiences?
Can't say about SPG but I've been waiting almost 2 months for some IHG points to transfer.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 6:26 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by Black Adder
Can't say about SPG but I've been waiting almost 2 months for some IHG points to transfer.
I had the exact same experience (thus forfeiting my ability to redeem EK F). It's really ridiculous that it takes so long.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:44 pm
KRS

My transfer took 9 days (Sunday 18 August - Tuesday 2 August).
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:38 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Does anyone have recent experience with the time it takes? I'm hoping to book an EK redemption, but would hate to have the space dry up before the miles post!!

CLG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.