Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 5:17 am
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
1) If you have a boarding pass and can get through security, you can access the lounge as long as it's open.

2) The International terminal has a pretty good lounge servicing all the Oneworld airlines. In Feb, AA got me to LAX too late to catch my CX flight so I spent all day in it. Free food, drink, wi-fi, comfortable chairs, showers, etc...

3)What is your Oneworld status? If Sapphire, you can try all the different Oneworld lounges as long as you're flying with a Oneworld airline.

4) Lounges are not 24/7. No idea when they close but the JAL lounge opens at 0730 and I think the AA lounge does as well. For a good cheap room, try the the Holiday Inn Narita but be sure to eat outside the hotel. Eating in the hotel restaurant could cost you more than your room.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by SUPERTAN

4. In the lounges at Narita, are there places to sleep? I ask because our flight is at 9:00 am and we will probably be wandering Tokyo the night before until like midnight or so. Instead of getting a hotel for a few hours, can I just come to Narita, relax in the lounge, and take a nap until my flight? Do such accommodations exist?

re:#4
Just out of curiosity, how are you getting back from Tokyo to Narita after midnight and before morning, besides the USD200+ taxi ride? I was in a similar situation and I had to bunk up with a friend in Tokyo then took the first train back.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 3:01 pm

You know, that's a good question. Because the day of our flight is the last day our JR Pass is valid, I was thinking of taking the train back to the airport to avoid a transportation cost. I didn't even think that the trains would not be running. I guess I was under the impression that trains were 24 hrs in Japan just like everything else!

Speaking of which, I'm trying to find an easy to understand schedule of trains, routes, and TIMES but haven't been able to do so. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2008, 4:17 pm

Programs: AA/UA
You know, that's a good question. Because the day of our flight is the last day our JR Pass is valid, I was thinking of taking the train back to the airport to avoid a transportation cost. I didn't even think that the trains would not be running. I guess I was under the impression that trains were 24 hrs in Japan just like everything else!

Speaking of which, I'm trying to find an easy to understand schedule of trains, routes, and TIMES but haven't been able to do so. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
try this link
http://jreast-shinkansen-reservation...ble/index.html

I am also on a very early Am departure from Shinjuku (read 0600 am) .. I think the trains run till 12 or 1 am and start again at 400 am??

I remember this as someone warned me about making sure I had cab money leaving bars after 1 am
Old Jul 18, 2008, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Gold
hyperdia

Thanks!
Take a look at this web site:

http://www.hyperdia.com/cgi-english/hyperWeb.cgi

It's the online schedule for all trains in Japan.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Massages?

Can someone elaborate a little on the massage services offered at the JL lounge in NRT? Is it for J or F passengers only? I'll be flying out of NRT in a couple days in J, it looks like the JL lounge will be best but was interested in the massage if available for J.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:18 am

Programs: JAL JGC PREMIER, ANA PLATINUM
Hi!
You had better eat curry with rice at the JAL Firstclass lounge in Narita Airport.
Have a nice trip!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 9:50 am
In Memoriam

Programs: JAL Global Club, One World Sapphire, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by troyb
Can someone elaborate a little on the massage services offered at the JL lounge in NRT? Is it for J or F passengers only? I'll be flying out of NRT in a couple days in J, it looks like the JL lounge will be best but was interested in the massage if available for J.
Massage is available in J lounge. Never tried it so I can't tell you more than that.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: OW Em (AA EXP+5MM), AA CK, Delta Silver, UA 1K
Massage is available in the First Lounge. You get a choice of 3, scalp, foot, or neck and back. The neck and back is 10 minutes long, that is the only one I have done. I suspect the others are the same time. Book it as soon as you get there, as it does fill up. You book it just past checkin for the First lounge - they will give you a time to come back.

Nice touch, glad they offer it.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Black Adder
Massage is available in J lounge. Never tried it so I can't tell you more than that.
Originally Posted by magellan01
Massage is available in the First Lounge. You get a choice of 3, scalp, foot, or neck and back. The neck and back is 10 minutes long, that is the only one I have done. I suspect the others are the same time. Book it as soon as you get there, as it does fill up. You book it just past checkin for the First lounge - they will give you a time to come back.

Nice touch, glad they offer it.
I just flew this and have some feedback.

As noted above, massages are available for J passengers, and the rooms are actually in the J lounge. As I was only in J I'm not sure if the F lounge has separate massage rooms. The rest of the info is also correct, choice of 3 massages for 10 minutes.

Thanks for the responses.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by troyb
I just flew this and have some feedback.

As noted above, massages are available for J passengers, and the rooms are actually in the J lounge. As I was only in J I'm not sure if the F lounge has separate massage rooms. The rest of the info is also correct, choice of 3 massages for 10 minutes.

Thanks for the responses.
Yes, the F section has separate massage rooms.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
How crowded would you expect the Sakura lounge to be on Sunday mornings? I'm leaving on AY74 at 11 am.

Do they have sushi at the Sakura? Or ice cream?
I don't know how else to say this, but the food is basically cheap stuff. No "sushi", really, maybe inari? And soup, cold makerel, pickles, some sandwiches and a bizarre salad bar. It is really just not worth eating unless you are REALLY hungry.
Certainly not restaurant quality anything. Kind of 7-11ish?

The lounge itself is miles ahead of the old one. Very large, modern, bright, "happy", lots of windows.
Old Aug 31, 2008, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
We will be flying business on JAL 718 arriving at 6:15 am, then on to JAL 10 to ORD. Can we use eitther the AC or JAL lounge? Do both have showers? Would it be worth it to leave the airport for a few hours on the train and go a few stops to the closest town to walk around? We have almost 6 hours. I have lived in Japan and speak Japanese so knowing how to get around is no problem. I'm not sure if there would be time to go through immigration, leave Narita, toodle around, and get back through security in 6 hours. Is there anything to do at Narita?
Go to the temple and grounds in Narita then onto one of the many small restaurants nearby. It is a smallish area and you can easily walk around. My wife and I do this a few times a year for our layovers. It sure beats sitting in those miserable airport lounges!
Old Nov 1, 2008, 2:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, DL Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
New Sakura lounge vs. new AA AC?

How does the new Sakura lounge compare to the new AA AC? I've seen lots of comparisons of the JAL F lounge to the AC, but unfortunately, I don't have any OW status and I'm flying J so I won't have access to that lounge.

Also, I'm arriving in NRT from JFK on AA and connecting on JAL to Sapporo, also in J. Will I be able to access either of the above lounges when connecting to a domestic flight? I didn't know if domestic JAL flights leave from a different area of T2 or not. The lounge search feature on the oneworld site appears to show a separate Sakura lounge for domestic NRT departures.
Old May 23, 2010, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Blue
Hi folks. Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I could do with some help if possible. Am due to fly J on QF22 at 2030 tomorrow from Narita. It's my first time departing from here, and having read through this thread I'm left with a few questions I hop esomeone can help me with:

1. I have no status (OW or otherwise) at present. Will my QF J ticket allow me access to all OW J lounges, or just the Qantas one?

2. Much of the previous conversation was about the F lounges. Which of the J lounges is the preferred option for OW flights?

3. Is there a fast track security line available, and am I allowed to use it?

4. Any other useful tips for making the most of my three hours or so at Narita?

It seems crazy how long it takes to get from the city to the airport - about 2 hours from clearing customs to entering my hotel room in Shibuya. Next time I might break my piggy bank and spring for a helicopter!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.