Best oneworld Lounge in Narita

Old Jul 2, 2008, 9:33 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
had a great lounge day today. cx first in hkg and jal first in nrt. really a toss up as to which is better.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:16 am
Suspended

Actually where is the AC and CX lounge located?

I used the JL F Class lounge and really like it. Had a good curry and soup there. IMO food is one important factor at the lounge especially for night flights as I appreciate the flexibility to eat before you get on the plane and if the food on the plane is not good at least you won't go hungry and if it si good you can pig out.

I understand there is also a QF lounge as well (Althought only a QP and not a F Class section)
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold
what to do for 6 hours?

We will be flying business on JAL 718 arriving at 6:15 am, then on to JAL 10 to ORD. Can we use eitther the AC or JAL lounge? Do both have showers? Would it be worth it to leave the airport for a few hours on the train and go a few stops to the closest town to walk around? We have almost 6 hours. I have lived in Japan and speak Japanese so knowing how to get around is no problem. I'm not sure if there would be time to go through immigration, leave Narita, toodle around, and get back through security in 6 hours. Is there anything to do at Narita?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by susiesan
We will be flying business on JAL 718 arriving at 6:15 am, then on to JAL 10 to ORD. Can we use eitther the AC or JAL lounge? Do both have showers? Would it be worth it to leave the airport for a few hours on the train and go a few stops to the closest town to walk around? We have almost 6 hours. I have lived in Japan and speak Japanese so knowing how to get around is no problem. I'm not sure if there would be time to go through immigration, leave Narita, toodle around, and get back through security in 6 hours. Is there anything to do at Narita?

I had a 5 hour transit last time and went to the Narita city town. ALthough no where as exciting as Tokyo, but sure beats staying at the airport and get bored. Chiba is a foo alternative.

You can get the JR to get there or just a tax ride. (can't recall how much - maybe less than 2500yen 1 way)
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Heading to NRT in a few months. Looking forward to the JAL F lounge on the way back. Thanks for the posts.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by susiesan
Would it be worth it to leave the airport for a few hours on the train and go a few stops to the closest town to walk around? We have almost 6 hours. I have lived in Japan and speak Japanese so knowing how to get around is no problem. I'm not sure if there would be time to go through immigration, leave Narita, toodle around, and get back through security in 6 hours. Is there anything to do at Narita?
Hi susiean

There is a page by a man called Mike Newman which has been around for years on the Narita layover. I haven't re-read it for a long time so don't know if it covers first thing in the morning, but if you ever needed any information, this is it!

http://www.mgnewman.com/narita/index.html

Regards

lme etc etc

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Jul 5, 2008 at 1:16 am
Old Jul 5, 2008, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
re special F lounge??

Read an earlier post which referenced a special F lounge at NRT (if you know it you know it...) - well, on my visit to NRT last week I was standing at the entrance to the F lounge having a ticket changed when a sort of important looking dude walks up with a nice red BP and marches past the entrance (without stopping) on way to lounge. Man is accompanied by three (yes three) assistants (actually airport and airline staff)... assistant 1 leads the way and introduces said passenger while assistants 2 and 3 scurry behind with cabin bag and suit pack. Lots of bowing and scraping from the lounge ladies and the assistants. Gentleman is stopped from entering First lounge and a sign which says 'no entry' to the left of the entrance counter is swiftly moved and gentleman is ushered inside.

If this is not the secret F lounge I'd be surprised because short of a red carpet, military review of the troops (waiting beside red carpet) and brass band there was no way you were going to be more important than this guy

Regards

lme ff
Old Jul 5, 2008, 5:19 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Originally Posted by abk
had a great lounge day today. cx first in hkg and jal first in nrt. really a toss up as to which is better.
What day and time were you there? I was in the JAL F lounge from about 2-5p on 02JUL.

I had a very enjoyable visit simply due to the very nice selection of whisky. I also enjoyed a short massage.

John Cusack, the actor, was in the lounge at the same time. Apparently he didn't qualify for the super secret VIP lounge.

I also made the oneworld circuit, visiting the Qantas, Cathay, and American lounges. I would say that JAL was the best, with American a distant second. I was amazed at how nice the Admirals Club was-- certainly the best lounge in their system (especially compared to O'Hare or Heathrow).
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:23 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by IHEARTNY1
Actually where is the AC and CX lounge located?

I used the JL F Class lounge and really like it. Had a good curry and soup there. IMO food is one important factor at the lounge especially for night flights as I appreciate the flexibility to eat before you get on the plane and if the food on the plane is not good at least you won't go hungry and if it si good you can pig out.

I understand there is also a QF lounge as well (Althought only a QP and not a F Class section)
i get a bit turned around there but the cx lounge is in the middle after security and you take an elevator up to it. just past there there is an escalator down to the ac. if you go the other way from the cx lounge you will get to the jal lounge. i believe the qantas lounge is in the satellite terminal and not worth the walk to see.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 11:26 am
abk

Originally Posted by TransWorldOne
What day and time were you there? I was in the JAL F lounge from about 2-5p on 02JUL.

I had a very enjoyable visit simply due to the very nice selection of whisky. I also enjoyed a short massage.

John Cusack, the actor, was in the lounge at the same time. Apparently he didn't qualify for the super secret VIP lounge.

I also made the oneworld circuit, visiting the Qantas, Cathay, and American lounges. I would say that JAL was the best, with American a distant second. I was amazed at how nice the Admirals Club was-- certainly the best lounge in their system (especially compared to O'Hare or Heathrow).
i was there around 3:30 until 5:00 on july 2. spent the entire time at the bar on the bar stools eating from the buffet and drinking the draft beer they serve from that bar. it is really good. i missed cusack. where was he sitting?
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Went to AA, CX and JL F lounges yesterday. The JL F lounge is definitely up there with other lounges (e.g. CX The Wing/Pier) on the hardware but not much so on the software. My two trays of food were not cleared even until I left the lounge. The bottle of Moet was empty and I had to flag down a lounge agent to open a new bottle for me. And why are there only 2 PCs? I didn't bring my laptop with me and had to wait for some time until one became available. Even the AC and CX lounge each has 10+ PCs.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 3:46 pm

abk I am envious. I too will be doing CX f lounge hkg and JAL F lounge NRT in nov. Cann't wait!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 4:24 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Hey guys.

I will be flying on Delta 55/56 into NRT in about 2 weeks. Ill be in Business Elite class. Which lounge will I have access to?
Old Jul 11, 2008, 8:08 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Hey guys.

I will be flying on Delta 55/56 into NRT in about 2 weeks. Ill be in Business Elite class. Which lounge will I have access to?

You might have a better luck asking this on the Delta forum. I am pretty sure you won't get access to JAL's lounge . Most likely you will get access to Delta and other skyteam members' lounges.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:46 pm

Can you sleep in the lounges at Narita?

Hi everyone!

I will be flying to Japan Narita from LAX on JAL Business class. This is an award ticket that I booked with my AA miles. I am a gold member with AA. I've never flown Business class before so I'm not familiar with the lounge situations As a result, my questions are:

1. I can only access lounges before I depart, right? How long before departure? 24 hours? Less?

2. At LAX, will I have lounges I can access?

3. At Narita, when I fly to Korea, will I have lounges I can access?

4. In the lounges at Narita, are there places to sleep? I ask because our flight is at 9:00 am and we will probably be wandering Tokyo the night before until like midnight or so. Instead of getting a hotel for a few hours, can I just come to Narita, relax in the lounge, and take a nap until my flight? Do such accommodations exist?

5. I guess this might be answered by #4 but, do the lounges I'll have access to in Narita ever close? Or are they 24 hours?

Thanks so much!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.